Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller Blinks with Intensity Data

derekb

Not sure I will explain this properly, but here goes. I recently hooked up all my controllers to start making sure everything works and see how all the sequencing is looking. I have one controller that I use 8 channels for the roof snowflakes and 7 channels for my CCR tree star topper. I export all my superstar stuff to an intensity file, so the CCR star is in the intensity file, and then everything else just using sequence editor. I noticed the sequences without an intensity file the roof snowflakes perform as expected, but the ones with an intensity file the roof snowflakes are all jittery and blinky while doing the songs. I swapped controllers and it does the same thing. Is there an issue that I am unaware of when you have a sequence with an intensity data file going to the same controller it does not like it? I have all Gen 3 with latest firmware. Thanks

Are the channels that are in the intensity file also in the SE sequence?  Channels have to be one or the other.

I have superstar setup for the unit 14 channel 9-16 for star topper. I am guessing superstar is still creating blank channels for 1-8 and messing it up?

I don't have the channels that are in the intensity file in SE. I only have the channels I use for the roof snowflakes in SE. The CCR tree topper channels are not in SE.

I have superstar setup for the unit 14 channel 9-16 for star topper. I am guessing superstar is still creating blank channels for 1-8 and messing it up?

There's your problem.  I just created a blank sequence in SuperStar version 4.1.2 using CCR mode for a 12 string CCR tree with a 6 channel star on top.  I then exported that sequence to SE (in legacy mode) and opened the sequence both in Sequence Editor and also with NotePad (Yes, I know how to read those files).  Both showed that SuperStart exported all 16 channels for the controller that had the 6 channel star in it.

Color that one as a bug.  Since this is not the SuperStar secion of the forum, Brian may not see this for a while, so I would suggest that you either bring this up in the SuperStar section, or create a formal bug report.  If you prefer, I can do that for you.

Thank you so much for researching that for me. I will put a reference to Brian in the SS forum. I am sorta excited it may be a bug. Usually it is something stupid I am doing. Ha.

Followup, I tried exporting as an intensity file, and then opened that file in SE.  When expanding the SS Props, it also shows all 16 channels on the controller.

I'm glad I was able to duplicate the condition so easily.  Although I'm not trying to control lights, but duplicating the channels would not work so well!

I'm up to 10 in the Open beta bugs count, and most were legit bugs....

But that's why they have a beta program...

Yes, you are correct. Currently SuperStar exports all channels of an LOR controller. As you say, that is a problem if you are using some channels for the star in the intensity data file, and other channels in the main sequence.

I am working on fixing it now. I will let you know when it is fixed and I can give you a copy of the SSEdit.exe with the fix and you can test it out.

I have the bug fixed. Send an email to brian@superstarlights.com and I can give you the SSEdit.exe with the fix in it.