Light-O-Rama Forums

Tennessee ++ Fall Mini

Ron Boyd

I have just started purchasing my LOR set up this year, so I'm as green as they come. I would love to come to this, but I have a conflicting schedule. I know many of you have at least some, and likely a lot, of experience already. I would hate to take anything away from this by needing more remedial help, so please let me know if this would be better for me to wait until next year to attend so I have a better foundation. Otherwise. I am going to try to move some things to make this work and will let you know as soon as I am able.

Rory

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron Boyd

• dgrant

• Jeff Messer

• dougd

Hey Rory, I've not been to this mini before but even though this will be my 4th year of lights to music and I'm learning a lot, knowledge is always helpful and I'm thinking that the more you learn at one of these, the better off you are. I can't tell you to absolutely come to it but wasted knowledge is a waste.

On my first mini I went home with a lot of knowledge and a truck load of lights and very broke thanks to Dennis He was selling out his display. I have always departed with great ideas and a network of help if needed. I am wrapping my house in RGB this year

and Jeff has been a huge help. I wish I had been involved when I just got started it would have saved me a lot of time and money. Don't worry about being Green this is my 6th year and I am still Green.

Doug & Ron,

I have a JSYS1 that I need help with... Ill be bringing it along, if we can spend sometime figuring it out. I can't wait!! Needs to hurry up.

Andy is the expert on J!sys, I have 2 of them also, so there should be several of us that can help you out.

I have just started purchasing my LOR set up this year, so I'm as green as they come. I would love to come to this, but I have a conflicting schedule. I know many of you have at least some, and likely a lot, of experience already. I would hate to take anything away from this by needing more remedial help, so please let me know if this would be better for me to wait until next year to attend so I have a better foundation. Otherwise. I am going to try to move some things to make this work and will let you know as soon as I am able.

Rory

Come on over. We're all good friends here and we all love helping others as well as ourselves. I guess this will be my 6th or 7th mini with these guys, and I still learn every time I go. 

Just remember, we all were green at one time. My first one with this group, I left out of there feeling like a zebra in a horse pen. I thought, what in the world have I gotten myself into. Well, I made a trip down after that lighting season to Dougs, and a lot of the stuff that was presented at the mini, he explained, one on one. The things I was so lost on at the mini, Doug helped me understand. 

You know Doug, I don't think I ever thanked you for that visit. Might have been because it was about 2° that day.

You know if this keeps growing Doug is going to have to add on to his house to hold us all. Thanks Doug for hosting this.

Rory

Rory, I started my display last year... This group of guys is a huge wealth of knowledge... I went to my first mini last September and it was an eye opener for me. I would make every attempt to be there.

My day is already packed so after I leave the mini i have a church function i have to head to. 

Thank you all for the messages and advice! I am going to make every effort to be there and will let Doug know in advance if I can pull it off. I appreciate the invitation and look forward to it.

Rory, hope you can make it. Just about everyone who comes to these mini's typically leave with something useful no matter how long you have been doing this. I espically like the fall mini, gets me ready to go out into the yard and start setting up. Looking forward to it, only 2 weeks away now. This year is flying by.

Kitchen Pass has been issued and will be on the road Friday.. I like to eat out some place on Friday night so hit me up if you are in town early. 

Ron, That Matrix is going to be the death of me if it does not work out...   4050 pixels ready to fire off. Hoping 7 inches is not to far apart.

Jeff, you have more pixels on that roof matrix than I have in my whole display. 7" apart should be fine. My 16 leg pixel tree last year was about 10" apart at the bottom. The images worked just fine.

everybody who is traveling, be safe driving.

Just one more week folks, If you can make it, come on to Cleveland.

See you all next week.

Edited by Ron Boyd

I have a prior commitment for sept 12 but I would have gladly drove the 500 miles from Chicago il to meet all you guys in person after 5 years in this hobby many of the guys attending have helped me a lot have a lot a fun thanks to everyone attending Ron. Dennis Laaf

Ed,

It will be great to see you after the many of conversation we had.  Come on down Dennis you may not want to ever leave. I am working on all 22 sequences this morning getting them to a new config file.

Dougd,

Please remind me to see the unicast setup and how the roof will layout on the 682's with zigzag....

Unfortunately, Scarlett and I won' be able to make it as we had planned. We are bummed out wt that we just don't have the time to get away this weekend due to other commitments. 

Bad luck then. Sorry to hear you can't make it. Hopefully you can come next March.

Now, for those that are coming, I will have a J1SYS, P12S board for sale, as well as an E682. Special price for Mini Attendees $150 each. Both are tested and were in my show last year. Both are one year old.

If the new boards I have now work out, Pixcon16 and Falcon16V2, next March, I'll have 2 more E682s.