Light-O-Rama Forums

Delete a section of the sequence?

Jaynee

So I found a free sequence that I've been working on today as a guinea pig project.  It turns out that about halfway through the sequence, the audio and sequencing are about a second out of sync.  Is there an easy way to just delete 1 second of the sequence and just "move it to the left," as it were, or should I just cut and paste the whole remainder of the sequence two spots to the left to see if that fixes it?

you could use the "skew" tool..but that will move the entire sequence, so I would agree with you and just try cutting and pasting...or you could edit the audio in Audacity

Well, I'm going to just "make do" with what I ended up with (cut and paste).  At least it's only off by a hair now.

Now I'm working on a new one and the timing between the sequence and the audio is off by a good 5 seconds.  Am I loading things incorrectly?  I load the sequence first, and then load in the media file.  Is there a way to import the files and not have them be so wildly out of sync?

Okay, so I saw on another thread that if I use Audacity to save the music file as a constant rate MP3, that should fix the problem.  Nope - still at least 2 seconds off between the song and the sequence - and it gets worse as the song progresses.

Where did you get the sequence? Where did you get the audio? It could be that the person who gave you the sequence edited thier audio, so your audio may not be exactly the same as the one they used.

It could also be a different version of the song. It's rare to see two different recordings from the same artist turn out the same. Sequences really need to be paired with the exact same song version.

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 1

Where did you get the sequence? Where did you get the audio? It could be that the person who gave you the sequence edited thier audio, so your audio may not be exactly the same as the one they used.

I can't remember where I got it - I've been to a LOT of free sequence websites today!   In any event, the zip file included both the audio clip and the sequence for it, so I assumed they would be a match.  It's not too bad fixing it although at some point it was almost 10 seconds out of sync.   But I'm two thirds of the way through fixing the timings, at which point I'll then apply them to my channels. 

In any event, the zip file included both the audio clip and the sequence for it, so I assumed they would be a match.

Yeah...you would think they would match then..

You could select all the area you need to move, Copy. Then delete that area, then select the top left start cell you wish it to start in and Paste. Make sure you have the "Paste By Time" option on the left side of the SE

you could also make a new seq using your music... copy from the one that is off and then watch your editor and paste it into the timing where you want it to start... Maybe that would work. I have used some seq with the same artist and also found that a lot of times it is not close.... I just make a new one and copy paste sections until I get it to the way I like it..

I have also found that some songs even by different artists can be done this way by copy pasting small sections at a time... especially when working on some singing trees.... Some voice seq for trees/ monsters will many times work on the same section/words of a song for another singer especially if it is the same song being sung...

Not all of us want to purchase songs from amazon and no other place and many of us already have a very large music collection and dont need to repurchase things again just because some say get it from amazon.. which many here will swear by when telling to to purchase a song.

• 4 weeks later...

If the audio file is not the "exact same" as the original author used, the sequence will most likely be off.  What I do is cut and paste like others said.  Start where the sequence gets "off" and select everything to the end.  Cut and move it over, left or right until it matches up.  It is worth the time to try and contact the original author and get the exact name and where he/she acquired the audio file.