Light-O-Rama Forums

Where to buy dumb strings?

Dcroc

Got a few bushes I want to convert to RGB.  However, I'm finding them rather expensive, and sometimes it just seems cheaper to go with the Smart strings.  Not sure why that is?  Anyone have any suggestions on where to find cheaper RGB dumb strings?

You can go to either Amazon or eBray and you'll find literally hundreds of vendors that sell dumb RGB strings.

NOTE - nothing specifically against foreign sellers, but your service will be quicker and any returns soooooo much easier if you buy from domestic sellers. There's plenty of those.

Edited by George Simmons

If you want to take the risk you can buy off of Aliexpress bangood or Goodluckbuy. It may be risky because its form china so the nodes may not be completly water tight. Its super cheap though.

AliExpress is actually very safe. AliPay, AliEexpress' primary payment service, is actually the words largest online payment processing system. Plus they have great guarantees and terms that make it just as safe as shopping on eBay.

Only thing to look out for: recently AliExpress decided canceling orders due to "security issues" and requesting accounts be registered with information such as bank statements, card pictures, and a copy of your drivers license. Interestingly enough I have used their marketplace for years without issues until about a year ago, so the reasoning is completely absurd. They obviously want the information for unknown reasons. I stopped shopping there because I personally don't want to send all my personal information to a Chinese payment processor.