Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcon 16 daisy chaining

vdipaola73

Good info!  How do I get ELOR?  That's probably a dumb question, but I need to know! 

Not sure if this is the same as you are asking, but how would we set the hardware id of the pixcon in settings? I see how to switch the mode but not how to set the unit id which S4 asks for. 

UIDs are computed on the pixel tab.  Instead of assigning universes you assign UIDs.
devmike I seen mentioned about the network speeds. How do you change or where do u go to change the network speeds of the controllers Or on the G3-MP3

I am no expert but I thought only network speeds could be only be changed in the sequence editor under network preferences? Each com port can be changed to whatever speed you like depending on what controller you are using. Say you have a ccr controller on com 7 and the speed of that network is set to 500k but yet you have an older generation residential controller on com 3 and it is set to 56k because thats all it can handle. Someone please tell me if I am wrong. I do not think you can actually change the speed on the controller rather you can change the speed on the network each controller is assigned to depending on whether the controller can handle that network speed.

I am no expert but I thought only network speeds could be only be changed in the sequence editor under network preferences? Each com port can be changed to whatever speed you like depending on what controller you are using. Say you have a ccr controller on com 7 and the speed of that network is set to 500k but yet you have an older generation residential controller on com 3 and it is set to 56k because thats all it can handle. Someone please tell me if I am wrong. I do not think you can actually change the speed on the controller rather you can change the speed on the network each controller is assigned to depending on whether the controller can handle that network speed.

Correct.  Network speed is set in the software - either accessing Network Preferences from inside Sequence Editor or the Network Configuration utility directly from the start menu, a desktop icon, or Network Preferences from the Control Panel.

The only place speed is set separately is if you are using ELLs, you must set the network speed in the ELLs to match the network speed in use.

And then when u copy to the sd card the G3 MP3 recognizes what network you selected in the sequence editors network preferences ?

And then when u copy to the sd card the G3 MP3 recognizes what network you selected in the sequence editors network preferences ?

Of that I have no idea.  I have never used any of the directors.

The help file is your friend.  Look up how the Hardware Utility creates SD cards.   All the info is in there.

I'm getting a better handle on it.  In order to use ELOR, I will have that option under Network Preferences where I set the com?  I don't see it now b/c I don't have PRO, but once I upgrade I will see the ELOR option there? 

• 2 months later...

OMG!! I am overwhelmed.  Trying to hook up my new mega tree kit to my existing lor network.  I presently have two 16 channel controllers, and last year i went on too the cmd-24B for some rgb strips.  I program my own sequences, but this mega tree is blowing my little mind.  I think i want to run it in enhanced lor mode.  I set the unit id to 4.  I have it daisy chained into my lor network.  I get nothing.  BTW I have upgraded to s4 pro.  I have looked everywhere, and it seems like there is a lot of help for e1.31,  but I don't know which way to go, or how to get there .  I have a router, and a switch, if needed.  Any help on hooking this up and setting it up will be appreciated.

• The topic was locked