Light-O-Rama Forums

Create New channel Configuration

jerry72

Ok so i am trying to create a new channel configuration, however i really do not want to have to manually name 2400 RGB channels on top of the 104 regular channels i already have. Is there a way for me to combine 2 channel configurations into one so i dotn have to manually rename 2400 channels? I have LMS file saved with all the channels from the mega tree already. I exported the channel configuration, just want to put it all into one.

I think if you use the vegomatic program to create your rgb channels you'll save a lot of time.

Jerry   LOR does not provide a way to merge config files.   Normally your start with a base sequence of last year and add channels or devices to your master track.  Then export that config and import to all of last years sequences.  

Vegomatic can do something close to merging.   What you do is put in all the values to create a rgb matrix.   Export it and verify the output is what you want.   Once you confirm the new channels are correct,  you can specify the base config you exported from last year.  Look at the old animation window in SE to double check.  Vego will combine them for you when you 'export LCC combined'.   Continue with the next matrix if you have more. 

SO i will have to input all the rgb channels manually then to create a complete Channel configuration? Good thing i am on vacation this week,. Gonna take a lot to manually input universe and channel number t for 3000 rgb channels.

Ok so I tried out the Vegomatic, works great except for some reason it stopped one string at universe 3 channel 90 and started the next string at universe 4 channel 1. Not sure why it did that.

There are a lot of settings to accommodate all the possible configurations.   You may have the String per universe setting too small or possibly should use the continuous option 

Yeah i figured out that i had to use the continues button. Thank you, this just saved me a lot of time.

• 3 months later...

Bob,

Help! (Kind of like "Help Me Obi-Wan Kenobi") I know the force is great with you Bob!

Ok. I am using 4.2.10 S4. I am just trying to add my pixel snowflakes I added this year. I have 7 snowflakes that are 48 pixels per. They start Uni.15 and go into Uni.16. No issues with the run on Uni.s, I understand that. I WAS going to just add in each snowflake one by one. However it keeps overwriting everything. I created a new .las sequence with the 2014 channels. Then I was going to add in the snowflakes, then just export a channel config from that. I would then do a new sequence with the audio that I used on the 2014 sequence, and copy / paste.

Will this work Bob?  I can't seem to get it working :-(  Need to be sequencing this weekend since the rain WON'T STOP here in GA! :-)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have never used the vegomatic, but there is a way to combine LOR configurations, it takes a few min, and you will lose all your groupings (including RGB groupings)of the merging config.

Lets say that you want to merge configA and configB. First determine which config will be the original, or the first part of your new config. Lets say that Config A is all your stuff from 2014 that you are continuing into 2015, and config B is all your stuff from 2012 and you want to merge the two.

1. export both configs, then create 2 new animations using boths configs.

2. We are adding config B to config A. (this may seem backward) So in the config B sequence, add the same number of tracks as in config A.

3. Then add the same number of channels in each of the newly created tracks(just plain channels, no RGB). In my case just now (merged partial halloween2015 config with Christmas 2014), I added:

Track 1 with 232 channels

Track 2 with 192 channels

Track 3 with 4617 channels

Track 4 with 4617 channels

4. Once that is done, save it!!

5. Now with our newly added tracks and channels in Config B, IMPORT CONFIG A! This will overwrite all the new tracks we created with the config A and since we matched up the channels properly, it will not overwrite the original channels in Config B, you will lose all groupings in Config B.

6. Save!

7. Add back in your groupings on the newly created config if necessary. Then, if you ar happy, export Config 2015!

8. Now, we merged config B(2012 in our example) to the end of config A (2014 in our example), so when you inport the new config into your current 2014 sequences, the 2012 channels will just be added.

Save!

You can the copy and paste to your hearts delight.