Light-O-Rama Forums

Importign Effects for Xlights4

godman

Is it possible to import my effects from Xlights 4 into the pixel editor? It would be nice just to use the pixel editor but I like some of the effects I have already created in Xlights4.

Edited by godman

Can you not import them as a .lms or a .ss ????  Put it into a file and then copy it over to the other file your working on???

Yes, if you get the xLights data into your lms sequence, then you can use the SE to PE migration tool to bring it into the Pixel Editor.

Matt

Where is this migration tool your referring too?

It's part of the Pixel Editor, goto Sequence and then Migration Tools

FYI - there is a section in the Help file on Migration Tools. It gives a detailed description of the menu items and what they do.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Currently it appears the only methods to import XL4 effects into LOR is either: A). convert the XL4 sequence into a .lms file (which creates a very large LMS data file). or B).  export each XL4 model into a clipboard format (.LCB) and bring into LOR.  FYI, currently XL4 Model groups cannot be brought into LOR, so any effects created in a model group will need to be changed to individual models in XL, or the effects re-created.

• 1 month later...

Currently it appears the only methods to import XL4 effects into LOR is either: A). convert the XL4 sequence into a .lms file (which creates a very large LMS data file). or B).  export each XL4 model into a clipboard format (.LCB) and bring into LOR.  FYI, currently XL4 Model groups cannot be brought into LOR, so any effects created in a model group will need to be changed to individual models in XL, or the effects re-created.

Some of this I understand, some of this is Greek to me. I am doing a sequence in "Auto Faces" in xlights right now for my pixel tree for Halloween. I would to import this over to LOR. Last year I did a copy and paste thing from xlights3. I would have to go back and look, but think it was the "paste to fit" type thing (forgive my ignorance). I did that to this enormous pixel tree channel thing I created with Bob's software. Wasn't sure how PE was going to handle that this year. Just haven't got that far.  I knew I might have to just scrap what I did (didn't want to) on my pixel tree last year and start new this year. 

Maybe RaZZIo that is what you are describing for me to do to make this work?????