Light-O-Rama Forums

should I stay or go?

Plumber Plays with Lights

Should I go to the expo. I have never been. Is it worth the 3+ hours drive? Just for exhibition hall.

Edited by Plumber Plays with Lights

Yes!!

thought maybe you sequenced this:

Edited by jimswinder
  • Like 1

I would go. I was really trying to figure out how I could afford the trip. I kinda blew my travel budget a few weeks ago to go to Colorado for a family wedding. I would really love to attend all the seminars on S4.

Same here, I just completed a trip to Salt Lake City to see my adult daughter and now a trip a week from now to S. Calif. to see my family. Don't dare afford another trip between. I "want too" badly but just too much, too close together

They should hold an Expo up in the 'frozen north'.....Texas is too far for me....I blew my travel budget on controllers and pixels!....lol

I drove over 1200 miles down to Texas just for the expo. Gotta say it was worth it. Only 3 hour drive? YOU ARE LUCKY :)

• Like 1

They should hold an Expo up in the 'frozen north'.....Texas is too far for me....I blew my travel budget on controllers and pixels!....lol

They don't have one in Michigan?  They can come further north & have one in the western provinces of Canada.   

The class Matt Brown had on the pixel editor was just what I needed to get rolling. He had 2 hours and could of used more, but that class was worth the trip. I also did John Storms sequencing class, which was 3 hours. It was well worth the time spent. This is the 3rd year for me and I learned the most at this one. In fact I'm still here, plane doesn't leave until 6:45pm.

On a side note the xlights/falcon room was always packed with people!

• Like 2

Cant wait to see some pics and videos of the expo, Was planning on going but a wedding got moved up to the same weekend as the expo so perhaps next year.

I went but was disappointed how the guys at light o rama treated me. I know I'm younger but they took forever to talk to me and treated me like I had no reason to be there.

I went but was disappointed how the guys at light o rama treated me. I know I'm younger but they took forever to talk to me and treated me like I had no reason to be there.

I am so sorry you did not get your questions answered. Feel free to post those questions here and we will get them addressed.

Matt Brown

I drove 10 hrs from Colorado and heading back to go to the Academy in a few weeks. Well worth the drive. Lots of info from Matts class. Taking Jons classes there. I had other ones to take at the same time. I think we need more of these.

Sorry, you don't get to drop a bomb like that and not back it up. 

Please let us know who you were, who treated you bad, what your question was, and all the other details.  Dan would have our tails in slings if we were to do what you are accusing us of doing.  I take offense at the comment, and I want to make it right.

Edit:

6:45 PM - I saw your name at the bottom of the screen as one of the people who were reading this thread, so I know you have seen my comment.  I await your reply.

• Like 1

I totally agree with DevMike. I met Mr. Dan Baldwin for the first time and he was very polite and totally approachable, talked to Brian Bruderer and helped with a question I had then even spoke to me at his class the next day mentioning he had thought about it after I left him. I did have a question for DevMike but he was totally swamped with other people he was helping. Even met Matt Brown and he was very cool and his class on the pixel editor was very interesting. I'm looking forward to using this new tool. DevMike's classes on the Visualizer and what's new in S4 were so much fun and interesting. In the Visualizer class I know I said "Wow, didn't know you can do that!" at least 3-4times.

I went to Christmas Expo in 2013 and had a good time. This past one was a blast and mostly because of the LOR guys!

BTW LOR, thanks for donating such awesome door prizes! Didn't win anything but they were very generous. Way to go!

Later,

Al

I'm so Sorry to the lor team. I didn't want to start a whole mess and don't want to get anyone in trouble. I was just a little frustrated the last few days. Sunday my light o rama sequences editor keep kinda freezing on me but I think I figured it out. I shouldn't have taken out on y'all online. I was at the booth for quite some time on Saturday before someone came and helped me. Maybe I miss read the person who was helping me. They just gave short answers to my broad questions. I 'll take the blame for that one. I hope yall can forgive me.

[quote name="DevMike" post="335674" timestam

Edit:

6:45 PM - I saw your name at the bottom of the screen as one of the people who were reading this thread, so I know you have seen my comment. I await your reply.

I stayed logged in on my phone. I keep this forum website on my background browser.

Since I was already in transit to Ft Worth, I did not see this post.

Typically the LOR booth is extremely busy, but I have never known any of the guys to make anyone feel like they don't belong there. LOR spends a ton of money to go and support the attendees. Heck DevMike even gave me the time of day after I heckled the crap out of him in the S4 class :).

Lightzilla, we had some of your brethren out of London, Ontario attend, plus there was one gentleman from Hawaii and another from Alaska.

Even if I was not on the Education Committee, attending a show like Expo is invaluable to the relationships you solidify with folks you communicate with via forms, FB, or email. Meeting a vendor or decorator face to face is one of the best byproducts of Expo, Academy or any local mini.

Expo is known for its après events, and a ton of information gets shared in hotel lobbies after the days events.

Our entire LOR track, starting with Drew Hickman's beginning LOR to Storms and Scooters 101/201, plus Superstar and S4/Pixel Editor, was outstanding.

Then we move to the Aubry's music breakdown class, which I heard nothing but outstanding feedback. The only negative is that folks wished she had an advanced course. That we will look to get done next year.

Edited by zman

I wasn't there nor have I ever been but I do want to say this. My experience dealing with LOR in anyway has been exceptional. Whether I am ordering new equipment or have a technical question LOR always comes through and answer questions in a timely matter. I think they are one of the best companies I have ever dealt with. Just my 2 cents on what I think about LOR. I just can't imagine anyone from their team acting as though they do not care.

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more. I've not been to the Expo before but I can imagine that it gets hectic at the vendor's tables, tents and so on. Been to more than one Corvette related major event event and its that way for the vendors, people all standing there clamoring for attention. I'm sure they did their best to accommodate everyone. I'll be planning for the next one for sure so that I can go!