Light-O-Rama Forums

4.1.0 painfully slow

LarryDrumAZ

4.0.38 was very fast.  Starting a program, opening a sequence, saving a sequence all fast.  Now 4.1.0, it takes over a minute for SS or SE to even open.  Almost 3x as long to save a sequence in SE.

Did anything change to make this happen?

My observation also, although I did not have time to do much last night so my sample is pretty small. I did update my show computer and it did run my landscaping show OK.

It takes longer than normal just to open the Sequence Editor or SuperStar? Not merely to open a sequence within them, but to open the programs themselves?

Can't say that I stopwatched it, but yes.  At the conclusion of an upgrade installation, I always start SE to "finish" the process, and then normally shut SE down, reboot, and start SE again.  I upgraded this old WinXP computer, my WinXP show computer, and my Win7 laptop yesterday.  On all three, it seems to take a long time to load SE.  That is all I did with it yesterday - I watched a movie with my son instead last night.

Very strange.  Off the top of my head I can't think of any changes from 4.0.38 to 4.1.0 that I imagine might have caused opening the Sequence Editor to slow down.  Maybe to slow down opening sequences, or something like that, but not opening the program itself.  And I don't really know the internals of SuperStar very well -- Brian's the expert there, and I'll point this thread out to him to make sure he sees it -- but they don't really share much in common codewise, so it seems like a very strange coincidence that opening both of them would now be slower than it had been.

I'll look into it further.

Almost 3x as long to save a sequence in SE.

Could you please send me (bob@lightorama.com) an example sequence with this portion of the issue? In the email, please clearly state your forum username, and also this thread's URL, which is:

forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/36393-410-painfully-slow/

Thanks.

After scanning my system for possible issues and finding none (malware, virus, etc), I uninstalled LOR and reinstalled it.  It seems to be running normal now.  I will test some sequences and let you know if I find anything different.  Sorry for the knee-jerk reaction, I just couldn't understand why it would slow down that much with no major changes.