Light-O-Rama Forums

wowlights

mustang1993

I have been trying this for 3 years now and im computer stupid. Does anyone have video of there house using wow lights pre programed lights. Would like some more ideas what I can do with there pre programed songs. thanks

What are you trying to accomplish? If you purchased a WOW lights premade sequence and want it to look the way you see it on their videos you would need to make sure you have the same props they are using , Arches, Mega trees, Mini trees etc., This doesn't mean that you couldn't use the channel sequence for those props on other props as well. Just copy and paste,

• Like 1

I have been using there stuff for several years now.  Just because they have things setup a certain way doesn't mean you always have to use that setup.  I frequently replace or daisy chain other props on to one of their channel setups.

I don't run their sequences, but these folks across town told me they use Wowlights. I don't know if or how much they tweaked things.

Not to be mean, but it looks like the actual sequencing of lights is the same for both songs in the video above. And in neither song does it look like the lights and the music match up very often. Somehow I expect more from purchased sequences.

Ive used a couple of their sequences and thought they were pretty good- jsut gotta make them work with the stuff you have in you show.

• Like 1

I don't believe the video above represents WOWlights program as they don't sell the Heat Miser song. I've purchased several songs from them and was well pleased. Take a look at LOR Sequences as they are great too.

Edited by atver

Mustang,
Welcome. Great first post..

Here's a WowLights video from my show last year. Great value to start - IMO.
Now, I took George's classes earlier this year --- so I'm breaking free....

https://youtu.be/Knv9Z7AQvLw

See more Wowlights on my Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/DREESish/videos?view_as=public

Good luck,
Daniel

The WOW sequences I have seen have a distinctive pattern which I think is pretty good.   Didnt see any of that goodness.  The editing may not have lined up well with the sound.  

Mustang1993   I see this is your first post.    Welcome to the madness.   I live about 30 miles from you.    There are a lot of us in the area who can help you out.   Bob-O

That video does not make WOWlights look good.

It is a very good video. It could have been done professionally, and often they do not do a very good job making it in time.

Also, probably more likely, the audio used was different. The song in the video is not the film version. The sequence was probably made for that, so it was a little out of time.

That video does not make WOWlights look good.

It is a very good video. It could have been done professionally, and often they do not do a very good job making it in time.

Also, probably more likely, the audio used was different. The song in the video is not the film version. The sequence was probably made for that, so it was a little out of time.

I assure you mine above is Wowlights.

I assure you mine above is Wowlights.

Yes  I can see that in your links to videos Mega Arch.   Clearly WOWish and very good.      I was talking about post 4 which is highly edited and hard to tell the lights are sync'd to music.

For what they are, WoWSequences IMO are very good.  As a newbie it was a great starting point.  Didn't look at youtube for their videos, went with those on their website which I found to be pretty good.  You have to remember on Youtube you get what you get, sometimes it is videos professionally done and uploaded correctly (found that out when I inadvertently uploaded one of my HD videos as standard definition).  When uploading to Youtube there are lots of ways to mess up an upload.

• Like 1

I was asked a question by PM. I remember my first year. It was tough trying to figure everything out on my own. Then the second year I moved and spent all my time trying to reassemble what I had done the first year. My 3rd year, I found this amazing user forum group. I read for months before joining last August. I learned so much reading others questions and answers that I was amazed and so I had to join. So not saying who asked me, but posting here as it's a great question and others may need a starting point of reference....

"Did you use the pre made songs to run the 40 coffee cans or did you change it?" - a great question.

On my Youtube channel the sequences that list Wowlights in them were all Wowlights original timings. The ones that don't say Wowlights in the written description were not. I did not modify the Wowlights timings. So for example, click on the first link below to Wowlights Sequences. Click on the 64 on their second sequence; "Amazing Grace" by Yule. The 10 mini-trees they show in front of the arches are the same channels I use for my 10 cans that you see in my video - well, 4 groups of 10 cans. Look at my 2014 show, which is the second link. The 3rd link below may be the easiest to see the channels in comparison. It was my 2012 "first show" before we moved. The "mega arch" in the middle is 16 channels that Wowlights show as their left and right arch channels - but I just made 1 arch. I loved it so I kept it in the 2014 video. But if you look closer, it moves the same as the 4 front standard arches I added in 2014. The dancing spikes next to the nativity scene are also those same 16 channels, all tied together with SPT1 cable and vampire plugs. So as you can see, you really don't have to have a large channel count. The people on this forum are really the only ones that will know you tied multiple features together. Your family who sees it everyday probably wont even know..

Good luck,

Daniel

http://www.wowlights.com/Sequences.asp?Holiday=Christmas

https://youtu.be/gBg4SJtEEHc

https://youtu.be/iYiznFIbCGg

Edited by Mega Arch
  • Like 1