Light-O-Rama Forums
Ron Boyd

134 KB Copy and paste crashed SE

My first crash since official S4 release.

I tried a copy and paste on 134 KB lms into the main sequence. SE crashed. All it said was LightORama Sequence Editor has stopped working, and looking for solution. Just the standard Windows 7 error box.

I don't think it's a bug, although, I'm not a programmer, but, I thought I'd post it here to give a head's up.

Can you please send me (bob@lightorama.com) an email with the following:

(1) This thread's URL, which is:

forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/36379-134-kb-copy-and-paste-crashed-se/

(2) Your forum username.

(3) A copy of the sequence you're copying from.

(4) A copy of the sequence you're pasting to.

(5) Information on exactly what channel/time range you're copying from, exactly what channel/time range you're pasting to, and your paste settings (paste mode and whether or not paste from foreground is on).

Thanks,

Bob

Email sent with requested files and info. Original sequence is in the same state as it was when the paste was attempted, except for "Paste by Time"

I did just notice something in my description, the file size was 134,192 KB instead of 134 KB. Sorry about the mis-post

Edited by Ron Boyd

Interesting. I just tried this on my new sequencing PC. The whole sequence pasted in in about 20 seconds. I have an i5 processor, 16 GB RAM and a 2 GB video card. The other PC was a laptop with an i7 processor, 6GB RAM and a mediocre video card. I suppose having a bit more horsepower under the hood, does mean S4 will perform at light speed.

So, with that said, You probably won't be able to re-produce the problem.

No issues on this side Ron. I crashed first thing this morning with a clipboard I pasted and went over 4gig.. LOL