Light-O-Rama Forums

The neighbor from hell

TitusCarnathan

Well apparently us feeding birds in the summer is harassing our neighbor. Even though we been doing it for years. I don't know how the heck feeding birds is harassing someone but going by the crazy anti bird lady (similar to the crazy cat lady) were harassing her by feeding birds. And then she told us it's our fault that the birds crap on her property and if we didn't feed the birds they wouldn't crap at all (while she was hitting her head).

She promises us she will put up a 9ft fence because the birds can't fly over a 9 ft fence. She put an owl statue out to scare our birds and chipmunks away. Funny thing is they were all hanging around it (I was hoping they would crap on it but they didn't yet) but to be on the safe side I put a board up to block it.

Edited by TitusCarnathan

Do you have a lot of bugs around?

I am sure the answer is no, let her know it is the birds which are keeping the insects in check.

I am trying to get the birds to hang at my house to eat more bugs.

I have a life so I don't put the seed out as often as I should.

Edited by MikeERWNC

I have a life so I don't put the seed out as often as I should.

Yeah, that happens to a lot of guys after they're married. Been there, done that.

HAG was facing her way but I flipped it for two reasons one so she doesn't get into another one of her moods plus to remind us that a hag lives next door.

She also complained that the birds crapped on her roof which is higher than a 9 foot fence when I tried to explain that her roof is higher than a fence she implied that I'm not right in the head then she hit herself on the head a few times.

Edited by TitusCarnathan

Take down the bird feeders and put up a bat house.

One thing to keep in mind. Bad relationships with neighbors can lead to calls to the police, and complaints filed with township over Christmas lights.

...catch more flies with sugar....

Get a dog that barks all the time (day and night). That will keep the birds and chipmunks away.

Wow.

Sounds Terrible. (I've got one of those too)

As Dcroc said.. kinda... You attract more bees with sugar than with vinegar.

Often, that type of personalty feeds on conflict. I know its difficult, but try to be extremely overly nice with her. It may be worth the while

to avoid conflict and acting out on her part.

T

Rent ome of those "Super Disk Jockey" systems for the weekend (you know the ones that have like 10 sub woofers).... aim ALL the speakers you can find..... at her house.... BUT... do NOT play a thing no sound at all. make SURE she sees all the speakers sitting just on your side of the property line......

Then ask her "What  is your favorite song.........................

Mind you.... this with the chute pointed toward her front door might do the same thing....

Snow-Blower-V8-2_zpsb6eafb33.jpg

Sounds Terrible. (I've got one of those too)

Every street has one of those neighbors.

It's just unfortunate when they live nextdoor!

Oh I had my light display for over 7 years since she didn't complain before she has no room to complain now. Even if she did complain there's not much she can do. As the police told her the other day it's our property and we can do on it as we want.

She will never be happy when we moved in over 10 years ago she blamed us because weeds were growing in her yard, now it's birds. She has to start a war with everyone in the neighborhood and cry victim once she doesn't get her way.

I think my Halloween display is going to be bird themed this year.

I know it is hard but be nice to her because I am sure she can make life hell for you for many years.

We life next door to the neighbour from hell and for years we had the cops at our door, the city calling us and so on.

I think we wore her out because it has been a bout 4 years since the last cop visit.

Just a sec someone is knocking at the door :)

It's actually hard to be nice to a person that stirs the pot almost everyday. The other day when I blew up. It was a very rare occurrence for me, but I'm getting sick of her crap (no pun intended).

But it is illegal to purposely scare birds away especially feeding birds (as per pa game commission) which she is constantly scaring birds off our property.

Oh but going by her we're allowed to feed the birds in the winter. I guess they are constipated in the winter.

Edited by TitusCarnathan

A friend has one of those crazy neighbors.  Continually calls the police about noise.  My friend is a music buff, but listens at a reasonably level.

Once he called the police when my friend wasn't home.  When the police came, they couldn't hear anything, the nut tried to tell the cops that my friend had the cats trained to turn the stereo off when the cops show up.  lol

Probably not much you can do about bat-#$%^ crazy people.

Jerry

Please remember that Mental illness is a hell of a thing to suffer through.  The very definition of having a mental illness is not knowing you have one.  To people like that, their requests/etc make perfect sense - while others who do not suffer from the same illness may find their actions over the top or even comical.

Unfortunately, we have such a stigma attached to mental illness in this country that we don't see these people as needing medical treatment.  To her your 'transgressions' are as bad as if she had broken her leg and you parked your car across the ramp to her house.  Not one of us would do such a thing.  Yet when it comes to those who have a mental illness,  we think nothing of finding ways to further hurt the person - since they are not 'normal'.  Yes, you could go so far as to even call it prejudice.

We really need to change not only our outlook on mental illness, but how we treat it.  If we were to see this person fall and break a leg, we would immediately call for help and they would get treatment.  However when it comes to a mental illness, there is no such thing.  In fact, laws in many states make it nearly impossible to get someone much needed treatment until it is too late - they have hurt themselves or others.  Treating many mental illness can be as simple as treating any other chronic illness.  Many times a simple chemical imbalance in the brain exists and the treatment, much like treating high blood pressure or bad cholesterol, is some medication.

Mental illness can manifest itself in many ways.  Until the time when those with Mental Illness are treated with the same urgency and compassion as someone with a broken leg, please try to empathize with them.  Yes, their requests or perceptions could be 100% incorrect - but to them they are 100% true and correct.  You wouldn't knock over a person with a broken leg.  The person with a mental illness deserves the same.