Light-O-Rama Forums

Intensity Files

djohnson1810

I am so confused about Intensity Files.  I understand that it is supposed to take the complicated special effects and store it in a file that would run faster.

I am getting ready to renew my license to go from S3 to s4 (advanced).  I see that one of the advantages of upgrading to PRO would be the advanced networks and the Intensity files.  I have never used them and do not have that large of a channel count.  What would be the advantage of me having the ability to save intensity files?

Is this just something that people with massive channel counts would use and their computers just can't keep up?

Thanks!

Don

It is not related to channel counts, but rather if you use RGB pixels or not. If you have pixel-based elements in your display, then the Pixel Editor can be a very efficient way to sequence those elements. So...

• If you have pixels and think you will use the Pixel Editor to sequence them, then you will want the Pro license.
  • If you don't have pixels, the Advanced license should be fine for you.
  • If you have pixels, but aren't sure about the Pixel Editor, then install S4 and give the Pixel Editor a try. You can go through the whole process of creating a sequence with it while in demo mode. You just won't be able to play those sequences in a show until you have the Pro license.

Matt

P.S. Don't worry about the intensity data files - they are just a mechanism for getting the data from the Pixel Editor to the Show Player and the Sequence Editor.

I do have pixels, so I guess I do need the PRO version.  So my best bet is NOT to renew my license but to upgrade?  This will get me to PRO and renew my license?

I do have pixels, so I guess I do need the PRO version. So my best bet is NOT to renew my license but to upgrade? This will get me to PRO and renew my license?

Just because you have pixels doesn't mean that you have to have PRO. I ran almost 4000 pixels last season with S3 & had no issues.

You are correct that if you upgrade to PRO you will get a license renewal.

Yep.  I had only a few 100 pixels last year.  I used S3 also and it worked fine.  Setting up and sequencing all of those channels was not much fun though.  S3 is not very friendly when it comes to large pixel counts.  

What I like most so far about S4 is how quickly you can setup the props.  I spent hours last year putting in 1 node at a time into the visualizer.  

I will only add a 3 or 4 hundred pixels this year but I am hoping to lean S4 while my pixel count is down.   :)

I am having issues migrating my old S3 into S4 and so far this forum has been pretty silent about my questions.   :unsure:   I guess it it the time of the year.

Thanks for your answer!

• 1 month later...

Matt after the intensity file has been added to a sequence in the sequence editor can it be deleted from that sequence and if so how would you delete it.

Matt after the intensity file has been added to a sequence in the sequence editor can it be deleted from that sequence and if so how would you delete it.

The intensity file has a ".LID" extension (Light-O-Rama Intensity Data). With all LOR programs closed, you can go into WIndows Explorer and delete the .PE.LID file (intensity data from PE) and/or .SS.LID file (intensity data from SS) for your sequence.

For example, the PE intensity file for "MySequence.LMS" would be "MySequence.LMS.PE.LID" - both located in the same directory.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

After saving my PE sequence as a intensity data file when I open the Sequence editor the PE tract does not show up after the last tract.  What am I missing  Running S4 Pro

After saving my PE sequence as a intensity data file when I open the Sequence editor the PE tract does not show up after the last tract.  What am I missing  Running S4 Pro

The PE file will be at the bottom of your sequence but it will not let you see the programming in SE. It is a file that is created to play in the SE as part of your show. You can hide the SE track and it will show the PE but it will only show you the channel config for your pixels.

SPaschall