Light-O-Rama Forums

I have decided to go animated next year

JimCanfield

I want to purchase the software the day after Christmas so I can start learning how to use the sequencer. My wife and I have been fiddling around with the demo but are ready for the whole thing. The reason I ask is this:

I know LORII will be out soon. So is it a good idea to purchace the software now then just upgrade? When the controllers go on sale I am going to buy the 16 channel kit deluxe with high power heatsinks. I cannot wait to go animated next year!

I have the demo Jeff, thank you! What i am wondering is, should I wait to purchase the full software package until LORII comes out? Or will it be ok to purchace the full software package now and just upgrade?

Jim,

It has been said for a long time that Dan will do a free upgrade to LORII for owners of LORI. The gamma version for LORII is out now. However, to install the gamma you have to own a copy of LORI.

take the time now to learn and master the program, having the demo is just as good as having the full version. the only difference is you can't control any lights, it's a good way to see if your really going to want to do this and spend the time and money to show your hard work. it more about spending the time and havin the heart.

just my thoughts

Thank you Jeff, will look into this! I will let you know what I decided.

So basically speaking, the demo version is the samet hing as the one you purchase, only the demo is unable to controll lights? Therefore I COULD wait until I get all the money to buy my controller kit AND software while using the demo as practice, correct?

That is sooo awesome to know! I was afraid that if I actually came up with a sequence I liked I would have to try to re do it. Thank you for that piece of good news! I cannot WAIT for the sale to be held so I can actually say I own LOR lol. As of right now I have 30 seconds sequenced on Jingle Bells for nbext year....I am well on my way!