Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB 16 D Blue board

dave

Yes, it's says enabled, playing "said song" at "said time" until said time"

Status is active.

I'm lost. I have been looking and researching for 2 days now.

I want to confirm what you are saying because I caught something not right.  You said it says it's playing said song at said time until said time.  It should be saying that it's playing a show from some time until some other time (not a song).  The top part of the status window should be showing that it is ENABLED, that it is playing whatever show from some time until some other time, and what the next activity will be and the times for that.  The next section will show the sequences that are actually playing at that instant.  There may be only one sequence playing, and there could be more than one.  For each sequence running, it will tell the name of the sequence, what section of the show editor, what time that sequence started, and the file location.  The bottom section is an event log that shows lots of things happening.

Note that my descriptions apply when there is actually a show playing.  If there is no show currently running, the first section will say that no show is active and the time for no activity.

You can see a sample of what the status display should look like by bringing up the LOR help, selecting Index, and scrolling down to Status Window (Control Panel).  The screen capture shows a rather busy show running.

I know it might sound as if I'm being picky, but differences in wording can be important - especially when things are not going right.

Edited by k6ccc

yes you are correct. it is saying, 

currant activity playing 2015 test, that is what i saved it as

sorry for bad pic will see if i can get a better one

post-125-0-17975200-1436394909_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This very frustrating. Took a few days away from this before i threw it in the trash. lol. HU sees both controllers everything tests like it should in HU, chase, fade, on, off, shimmer, twinkle.

I create a schedule, add show, set time, save time, enable schedule. light bulb turns blue. 

Show starts, music plays, no lights.

Look at the first channel in any sequence that you expect to go to the first controller. Make sure its ID number matches what the controller is set for. I'm talking about inside of the SE, just move the mouse over the left side, on the channel descriptor itself and see that example, says Unit 01 which matches your Unit ID 01. If its normal, open the Edit pulldown, then Network preferences. Select the LOR tab and see if the proper Com Port is selected for your system...should be identical to the one the hardware utility uses. Now before you can run a sequence from the SE, please make sure the show player is shut down. The listener is ok but not the show player.

Where are you located, therefore possibly someone close to you can assist you?

Edited by dgrant

OK, I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with Dave.  This post will summarize what was found:

He is running S3.12.2 with an Advanced license

In the Hardware utility, he is seeing 2 controller (units 01 and 02) using Comm Port 4

In the hardware utility he can control the lights.

The tests below with SE and Show Player did NOT have the HU running.

In the Sequence Editor Network Preferences, the Regular Network is using Comm Port 4 and set for 57.6K

In SE, confirmed that channel settings for the first channel is Regular Network, controller 01 channel 01.

In SE, the network status square box in the lower right corner is blue.

When he tries to play from SE he gets music, but no lights.

When he tried to play in SE, the LED on both controllers are blinking indicating no network traffic.

With the HU and SE NOT running, when he brings up a Show on Demand, the LEDs on both controllers are blinking.

We went back and forth between the various LOR software trying and repeating everything listed above.

Summary:  For a reasons I could not come up with, neither SE nor show Player could access the LOR network.

Anyone else have anything?

Last thing comes to mind is to open a ticket with LOR and have them help. Sounds like the OP and we, have covered all the possible causes and yet it doesn't work. Now the 16D has the capability to store up to 5000 commands onboard for self-running sequences, so I'm wondering if that's been used. If so, it might not respond to commands from the SE or show player. It would require a "reset" of the onboard memory to clear those commands. Download the manual for it and see what the reset function for wiping its internal memory is

Here is the clearing memory instruction for it, from LOR. Again, not sure if this has anything to do with the problem but....hardware utility has a page to do this or:

CTB-16D
Page 36
You also use this screen to remove downloaded
standalone sequences. You can also remove a
standalone sequence by turning the controller off,
setting the Unit ID switches to ‘00’ and turning it on
for 10 seconds. Then turn it off and reset the Unit
ID switches to the original value.

Its just a thought. Probably best to open a help desk ticket and get the real people on it.
Edited by dgrant

• The topic was locked