Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB 16 D Blue board

dave

i have 1 CTB 16D and 1 CTB 16PC g3, HU cannot find 16D however it can find 16PC.

I have tried refreshing HU with 16 PC as unit 1 and 16D as unit 2 with no luck.

I have tried 16D as unit 1 by its self with no luck.

any suggestions would help.

Thank you

Are you running the network at 500K speed?  The older board will not work at that speed.  Same issue for using enhanced protocol.

Also, does the blinking red LED become a steady red LED when you connect the network and start the HU?

running at 57.6k and red led is a continuous blinking when connected and the start of HU

could be a bad transceiver chip.

I hooked up only the 16D and HU could not find it

then I hooked up only the 16PC and the HU found it

then I hooked up 16D and 16PC together and HU found 16PC and not 16D.

Not real sure of the jumper that was mentioned in the thread but will look at the manual.

Did you switch out cat 5 cables? Faulty cat 5 cables can be an issue. (I have been there before.) Did you check the fuses? Did you check to make sure that the power cords are all secure. (Been there before too). Try hooking up one of your other controllers, & from it try a telephone cable.

Well you opened up a ticket so you can go from there.

It's all fixed. Help desk works wonders. I'm not sure what it is called, but it was the little strip that sits under the RJ45 ports, it was loose. Now I have a whole new problem. Lol.

New problem. HU can see both controllers, however when I exit out of HU and schedule a show, nothing happens. The 16D is unit 1 and the 16PC is unit 2, when the show is set to run both controller do nothing but the LEDs are flashing.

Glad you got the controller fixed.

If you are getting flashing LEDs then thee is nothing sending data over the RS-485 cable. First thought is to verify the the control panel is running. Without it, you're not getting a show.

New problem. HU can see both controllers, however when I exit out of HU and schedule a show, nothing happens. The 16D is unit 1 and the 16PC is unit 2, when the show is set to run,both controllers do nothing but the LEDs are flashing.

Is the comm listener running?

What color is your LOR lightbulb on the task bar when the show is running?

When you click on the lightbulb what does the status window popup say?

You say enabled but does it show that your sequence is playing?

It should say something like playing "this" sequence with a time that it starts & ends.

Yes, it's says enabled, playing "said song" at "said time" until said time"

Status is active.

I'm lost. I have been looking and researching for 2 days now.

Have you doublechecked your network preferences to make sure your LOR network is on the correct com?

Yes. I can control lights in the test mode in HU, but once it is closed, nothing works.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the software but you need to have the correct com assigned in the network preferences, even if you can control the lights in the HU.

Could you post a screenshot of your channel config & LOR network preference