Light-O-Rama Forums

Playback is Glitchy

Little_b

Ok I set up a large matrix in PE and used the custom tab to assign the channels to the matrix.  When I play it back in Visualizer and when connected to the lights, Universe 1 ( the first 165 pixels) plays back glitchy.  And then randomly through out the matrix.  This is especially noticeable when using the picture effect because it is just on and not moving.  The Bars moving from one side to the other aren't straight lines either. I initially thought it was a bad wire connection somewhere so I troubleshot and made sure everything was connected securely.  It wasn't until this morning I noticed the glitch in the playback preview as well.  This is where it lead me to believe it may be a program issue.  Has anyone else seen this?

I only see this issue after I've saved the intensity data and play back in Visualizer.  When I turn lights on that section in SE I don't see this problem.

So you have saved the intensity data file with PE. Then you using SE to play it back and viewing the results with Visualizer? And the results are glitchy in what you see in Visualizer? And on the actual lights too? Sorry, just trying to understand exactly what steps you are taking.

Matt

Ok, if you are seeing the same glitch on both the physical lights and the Visualizer, there is going to be a problem with the sequence.  The first thing to do is run the LORVerifier on the sequence and work through all the errors/warnings and correct them.

My large effects are glitching during PE playback on the same screen playback, but it works fine in the separate window playback.

My large effects are glitching during PE playback on the same screen playback, but it works fine in the separate window playback.

This will depend on the capabilities of your PC hardware, the version of Windows you are using, and how many pixels you are trying to model, among other things. So if separate window playback works best for you, by all means use that.

Matt

• 2 months later...

So a new update on the glitch playback.  I have found there is a slight pause when playing through SE and sometimes PE when the playback window changes.  When I hit play the actual lights start their thing and when the curser gets to the end of the "visual screen" and the next section appears, this is when the pause happens.  Any ideas?  (Hopefully this makes sense)

It happened to me as well. For me I figured out it was the power settings on my computer. Make sure you don't have any power saver mode or eco mode. Set it to high performace. Once I did that.. no more glitches/pauses

Thanks BMurray I'll have to give it a try.  When you say that it reminds me that last year I had to turn off all Firewalls, Updates, and Norton as well  to get things to run as smoothly as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still seeing the same pause at the end of each playback screen even after adjusting all the setting on the Laptop. 

Please try with the 4.2.4 beta that was just released. There were some changes made that should help with this issue.

However, please keep in mind that the faster your PC is, and the better graphics capabilities it has, the faster/smoother Pixel Editor will run. Also, the more pixels you sequence, the faster your PC should be.

Matt