Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Wiki

Guest guest

Jerry Plak wrote:

Don,

it look good.

I am registered!

Yep, and even added some stuff to the Wiki. Congrats! You are the first contributor. (Sorry, I ran out of door prizes last week!)

yeutterg wrote:

Should I do anything to make it look better?

Right now, nope. Looks good. Yours is a perfect example of what I'm looking for at this time. Everyone just add your tips and tricks, and we'll go back and organize them as we go along.

If you've never done an edit, simply visit yeutterg's entry, and click edit. You will see how he did it. Follow that format, and you'll be just fine!

I've got a suggestion. Is there a way to set it up so that it will show you how many of each thing are in each category? Meaning, right now there is 1 tip and trick. Can we have it show that there is 1 article in there? Then when we add more it will show how many? I think this will become very helpful in determining which part of the wiki to read if you are short on time.

VonnerNIX wrote:

I've got a suggestion. Is there a way to set it up so that it will show you how many of each thing are in each category? Meaning, right now there is 1 tip and trick. Can we have it show that there is 1 article in there? Then when we add more it will show how many? I think this will become very helpful in determining which part of the wiki to read if you are short on time.

Not sure. I'll have to look into it.

Once this gets going, I don't think it will be something that you sit down and read from start to finish. I envision it being a place that you can go to get information on what you are trying to do.

The idea being that no matter what you are doing (new to lor, programming sequences, having trouble, you could consult the documentation and get your answer. If your answer isn't there, and you figure it out, you then add it for the next person.

Don wrote:

VonnerNIX wrote:

Not sure. I'll have to look into it.

Once this gets going, I don't think it will be something that you sit down and read from start to finish. I envision it being a place that you can go to get information on what you are trying to do.

The idea being that no matter what you are doing (new to lor, programming sequences, having trouble, you could consult the documentation and get your answer. If your answer isn't there, and you figure it out, you then add it for the next person.

Im pretty sure its something like

[[special:Statistics|{{NUMBEROFARTICLES}}]] [[special:Allpages|articles]]

but that gives you the whole LORwiki statistics. I am playing around with it trying to see if i can get it to be specific to one section

I just wanted to throw in some updates on the LORWiki project...

I've been working over the weekend to import the LOR Help file (with Dan's blessing) into the Wiki. It's almost done, but at the rate I'm going will probably be until the end of the week before I can get it all done. It consists of copying the graphics from the LOR Help file, and getting them into the Wiki. If you look at the "Recent Changes" area you will see how I am naming these files. If you click 'Edit' on a page with the graphics, you will learn how to add them.

This is but one of three sections I'm trying to get added.
http://www.donteague.com/lorwiki/index.php/Software#Deleting_a_Scheduled_Show

The site is new, and taking shape. There are things I want to add, but haven't gotten time yet. (Anyone up for importing the FAQ from my site?) So, if you have questions, comments, or anything, I encourage you to go ahead and register, and leave them on the site.

jeffmill wrote:

I wanted to add something to tips and tricks but wasn't sure how to do it, so I just typed it in the discussion tab. I probably messed up huh? Jeff

Worry not!

The beauty of the Wiki is that things can be fixed. Not just by me, but by anyone.

I will move your entry over to the "Tidbits" page, as this is where I would like information like this to go. Tidbits is meant for people just like you. You want to contribute, but you just don't know *exactly* where the content should go. Simply place your content in the Tidbits page, and someone will come along and move it into the right area. If there is a question as to where the information should go, the community can talk about it, and decide where it should go.

This is really meant to be a community effort. Those who use the equipement should be the most knowledgable about it, and the most able to help others.

(ps. I didn't run spell check today.)