Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR & animation

mike nix

I have 3.12.2 advanced and wondered how do you show a CCR in the animation portion of the software? do you have to put a "dot" for every channel or is there an easier way so you can see the effects of CCR by viewing the animation? (make sense?) I have done it before and now don't remember how I did it - "growing up is not for sissies!!"

Edited by mike nix

Mike,  Are you asking about using the animator?  If so, my recommendation would be to learn Visualizer.  Or are you using the Visualizer and wondering how to put a CCR in Visualizer?  Or am I completely missing what you are asking?

If your refering to the animation window in LOR, then each CCR pixel has to be shown as a RGB channel in the sequence editor. You can then draw the 50 pixels, opposed to drawing all 150 channels.

Thanks for your help - that makes sense - is there an easy way to do that or best just to learn how to use the visualizer?

is there an easy way to do that

In the sequence editor, right-click the first channel of your CCR & select convert to RGB channel. In the popup that appears there is an option to " Also do this for the following channels" select that & enter 50 in the "create how many RGB channels" box.

That's it your done. :)

Thanx but.....When I inserted the CCD, I think it already did that step because when I right click, convert to RGB channel isn't highlighted - meaning it's not an option... So, I have basically entered 2 squares per channel on the animation to get it to work - yes, had to do 2 squares for 50 channels - but it works now. hoping there is an easier way

So, I have basically entered 2 squares per channel on the animation to get it to work - yes, had to do 2 squares for 50 channels - but it works now. hoping there is an easier way

?? why 2 ??

You should of had either 1 square for each color 1R,1G,1B per pixel or 1 square per pixel RGB.

I just tried it to see & when I insert a CCD I get 50 RGB pixels not individual channels.

I think now we are saying the same thing - I added 2 squares per channel just to make the line longer - I was hoping there was a way to "drag a line" and it work without doing 50 channels - I appreciate your help - thank you!

Not with the animation window.

You can resize objects with the visualizer though.

• 1 month later...

I have not drawn in my CCP's on my roofline, because I kinda thought that I would have to draw a pixel for each color.  Since I have 100 CCP's on the roof, I thought I would have to "draw" 300 pixels.  I'm not using visualizer, just advanced S3. 

If you're running S3 (or S4), why not just use the Visualizer.  It is far more powerful than animator ever was.  Yea, I know it's one more thing to learn.  With Visualizer, adding a CCP string is about 30 seconds (if that long).

I guess I need to watch a video tutorial on visualizer.  I don't mind learning new things, especially if it makes life easier/quicker.  But I'm not great at learning computer stuff on my own.  I tried last year learning visualizer and it irritated me and I stopped.  Don't remember now what the frustration was about.  Do I need superstar to use the visualizer?

Edited by drivemewilder

No, you don't need SuperStar to use the Visualizer.

The Animator (i.e. the thing built into the Sequence Editor) is kind of deprecated at this point.  It's the original tool of this sort that we had, from the days of yore when a huge display was 32 channels or whatever.  The Visualizer was made later as a sort of "better Animator", to support more channels, more features, and so on.  We still keep the Animator around for the benefit of the old sequences that were built using it, and strictly speaking there's no reason why you can't use it with new sequences too, but we highly recommend using the Visualizer instead.  It's much more powerful and more fully-featured than the Animator.