Light-O-Rama Forums

Should You Renew or Upgrade? - Look here!

Don

I expected that so no problem. Just yesterday though, downloaded the production version, installed, showed me with the PRO version even though I wasn't licensed for it yet. Guess it was just a leftover. I'm fully paid for PRO now so it doesn't matter. Need the tutorials though for the PE.

I just did it and it worked great. Had to renew first, then upgrade!

Oops

my question is I don't need the pro level I think since I don't use pixels and just want to download the new version, do I just download the 4.038 version and install? or do i need to uninstall old version. or is the new version only available for the pro upgrade?

My license is good til 4/16 and I am at advanced version right now. says i am good through 4.6x release

thanks

my question is I don't need the pro level I think since I don't use pixels and just want to download the new version, do I just download the 4.038 version and install? or do i need to uninstall old version. or is the new version only available for the pro upgrade?

My license is good til 4/16 and I am at advanced version right now. says i am good through 4.6x release

thanks

No need to uninstall. Just install the new software.

No reason you can't run the new version, It's not just a 'Pro' thing.

Well crud, I did a renewal instead of upgrade.  sigh

OK, I'll go purchase the upgrade, then send a help ticketr with both to possibly get a refund on the renewal.

OOPS

Best,

David

EDIT: OK, ordered upgrade, Help ticket created.  DOHHH!!

Edited by David Barnett

I ordered both! Mike said put in a ticket and I did. Already got the refund. Thanks You!

Special Thanks to Team LOR for a 50$ upgrade that is worth every penny in my book. I am sure you all will see more request to even make the software better. Just incase Thank you Mary at LOR for your assistances the other day with my number of seats. Play time this weekend and I may not even sleep a wink tonight.... Thanks again.

Jeff

Considering the upgrade includes a renewal, it's a no brainer.  When the official release came to be, and I lost my Pro features, it was like someone took a lollipop from a baby. I cried, and wanted my mommy!  Payday is tomorrow, and the upgrade will be the first thing to come out of it.

• Like 1

I'm upset that when Visualizer came out, it was $30, and Pixel Editor is going for $50.  PE twice as good as Vis?  NO WAY! :P  ^_^

• Like 1

Upgrade Complete   -    I'm officially a Pro Newbie!             :D

Now where's that Summer Sale? 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks Don,

cool... a simple straighter answer... so all I will need to do is just renew my current advance level at $29.95....

Ummm...I don't want to steer Sarge in the wrong direction, but you DON'T have to renew your license every year to have your software work...it is not a yearly cost. You only have to pay if you desire to get current and past upgrades since you bought your license.

Edited by jimswinder

Ummm...I don't want to steer Sarge in the wrong direction, but you DON'T have to renew your license every year to have your software work...it is not a yearly cost. You only have to pay if you desire to get current and past upgrades since you bought your license.

This is right insofar as you don't have to renew your license every year to have your software work. If you're content with the version that you're using (and licensed for), you can use that version forever.  No renewals, payments, or anything like that - your license will cover that version forever, free of charge.

But regarding the second part, "You only have to pay if you desire to get current and past upgrades since you bought your license": It's actually better than that.  If you desire current and past upgrades since you bought your license, you might have to pay to get them.  But you might not have to.  Your license almost certainly covers some versions that were released after you purchased your license.

If there's any question as to whether your license covers the current version of software, you can always check on our license retrieval page:

www1.lightorama.com/software-license-retrieval/

You can ask that page to send you an email with information about your license.  It will tell you what versions your license covers.