Light-O-Rama Forums

Software Upgrade

Jeff Messer

Request- This may already have a way of doing it just not that I know of. 

When viewing the channel configuration there are many option. How about exporting into excel where it can be sorted. Maybe even clicking on the headers and sorting that way. 

Jeff

There used to be several user tools which do this but I have lost track of them.     I do agree with you that config tools are lacking a bit.   There is missed opportunity.

For example this summary could tell you how many pixels and regular channels are defined for the unit/network.    

Another thing which SE could do is allow user to specify the type of lights and the current draw.  And then allow to specify which home breaker the unit will be plugged into.  These kinds of things would give a quick eyeball of any missed or duplicate channels and if the Macro channels exist etc.

ChannelSuggestion.jpg

Edited by ItsMeBobO

Agree BobO and your tools are the greatest. I just found out from Doug that I can convert my tree to an 84 from a 50 pixel in less than 30 minutes. It was taking me 6 to 7 hours to do it the hard way. Clipboard Flipper is crazy.... I felt it was a great request as the config shows just how you have the channels in the SE and no way to sort them. What you posted about would be great to if you are working on it.

This image is from a tool I wrote on 2011 called Figure8R to do all this for me. It was never publically released.   I made many posts and requests of LOR to fix and improve but not too much improved in this area.

Back in those days there was no 'Add Device' to make sure the right number of channels were added.    Vegomatic replaced some of this tools features.   The main thing this one did was identify units which had dup or missing channels.   I would also create a jpg image from the animation window.  All of the Papagayo face / mouth images were created by Figure8R.     This one could do a mass change of channel names.   Like the Viz wizards has but that only applies to viz.  In this image you could see that 250 RGB pixels were defined for the same unit.  A SE bug fixed long ago.     

ExtraRGBchannels.jpg