Light-O-Rama Forums

How to do this......

Jeff Messer

I am sure I have seen this posted on here but could not find it. How or what was used to make this roof jump. I will be doing this sequence this year and hope the owner of this house is on LOR.  Ideas anyone? Maybe someone on here has the sequence to it.

Jeff I'll PM you on this  I have done this  for a few years ...this one is from 2012 

EZ

Edited by ezimnow
  • Like 1

Here is a link to another version of this.  Look at the roof line and you will see that there is a line of what looks like C9s and directly below them are icicle lights.  It appears to be a simple 2 channel chase.  I admit I haven't done this but it appears to be relatively simple.  Study the video to look at the roof line.

• Like 1

Jeff, this was with a row of C9s or C7s and icicles like Alien407 mentioned above. I remember reading about it a couple of years ago.

I was looking for it on here and its my plans to pull this off this year on top of everything else. One of those must have effects and wished someone was able to get the sequence and share it also.

Check My video above As I added it to a song back in 2012 and have used it much more in recent years...

Noticed in LightUpPaxton video its maybe c9 and icicles lights. Are they on the LOR forum to provide any information?

Ez- Do you have a closer video of yours? Sign blind as a bat Jeff.. LOL

Edited by Jeff Messer
  • Like 2

Thanks Alien407 and I have messaged them already. I noticed they will not be doing a show this year.

Yeah, I saw that too.  Sad in some way but it's true that this hobby can be all too consuming.  Sometimes you need to just take a break and regroup.  I'm hopeful he'll be back with new stuff.  I haven't done much because I'm still working.  Oh well, retirement isn't too far away............

Retirement? That's when I have plenty time to do this hobby. My show is almost 5 hours from my house so testing has to be done looking at the visualizer. Hope to get a few replies to emails and facebook post. 

Alien407 +1, I will retire Oct.31. I hope to have more time to do this hobby. But, I have also heard that after a person retires, they have less time to do the things they want to. I guess I will find out. LOL.

• Like 2

Yep, I hate it when the Queen is off work. She sits in her chair and thinks of things for me to do. But I do have to remodel a bath room, and tile the floor in the man cave. But, being old, when I get tired, I'll stop for the day. LOL.

I am retired and can tell you... I work more now then before I retired... Most times have less time to do what I actually want to do.... 

Honey Do list is never ending, yard and gardening, outside work is never ending ( no need for a gardener any more)...

The wife said that...LOL.. so I play on LOR between chores or when I can convince my boss (the wife) that its to windy and to much dust and sand blowing to work outside, to cold, to hot etc...lol..

I do spend some time hiding in my mas cave ( with my cable tv and lap top) working on the car, preventative Maint. or fixing the lawn mower that isn't broken..

Kinda reminds me of "The Man Song" on u tube by Rodney.

I am the KING OF MY CASTLE... when the wife lets me be..

don't tell her I wrote this...

Watch at 2:00 for the bounce. It's pixels on the eaves & 2 rows of icicles just below. The first set of icicles is attached to the gutter & the second set is ziptied to the longest drops of the first set.

Darryl - Is that two separate rows of icicles, a top and a bottom string to make it jump?

Thanks for this idea Jeff. I knew I could count on you to find more ways to use my time.  :D

This might be a fun project.