Light-O-Rama Forums

K having problems with my ctb1pc unit

Steven Singleton Jr.

Ok, as the topic says I am having a problem with the board. I am not getting ANY power to it and the led will NOT light up. Before anyone says check the fuses I have already replaced BOTH fuses that came with the board. I have been running this board for weeks, and nothing, and today all the lights came on and stayed on and were not being turned off. I cut the power to the box, and ever since then I cannot get the led to light up in the box and of course not work. I have about hours till the contest and I am down from 32 lor channels to 16. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

P.S.
Been trying to call LOR but I guess they are very busy today. Have also sent support a email but I hear they have been having issues with their email so I will paste it here too.

Just wanted to get in contact with someone there at LOR. I am having problems with a ctbpc16. It has been running fine for the last weeks. Just last night the lights that were plugged into it would not do anything but stay on. Well I took the power off the controller and the lights of course went off, BUT now I cannot get the board to power up whatsoever. I have changed out the fuses to make sure that was not the problem but still I cannot get the led to blink or even come on. Not sure but I am thinking there might be a issue with the transformer on the board because besides that I cannot think of what might be making the board not want to power up. If you could please contact me asap I would be greatly appreciative. You can email me back here or give me a phone call at What is even worse is that the lighting contest is this evening and of course it is not like I can buy a new lor unit at walmart. Thanks for any help/.
Steve

I checked and saw that support has allready replied to your email. In general if the controller does not have a LED it is lack of power. You have checked the fuses but I would also check that there is power to the controller. We have had a number of peole that did not notice a tripped breaker and some people have controllers plugged into outlets that are on switches that have been turned off.

We have to mention such obvious things because it fixes the problem over 50% of the time.

Thanks too bad that those were not the problems. The way things are going tonight I am going to just take the controllers out of the yard and call it a season. Long story if I have any other questions I will contact you all and if need be send the units in for service.