Light-O-Rama Forums

Converting to DMX

thedementedelf

I am switching over my sequences and LOR controllers to run in DMX mode. The LOR controllers were easy to renumber.  But I have an RGB matrix that is numbered to 1 to 117 or 351 channels. They are actually set up as BGR. I want the first pixel to be numbered 81. Is there a way to make the changes all at once, or do I need to go in and change each channel one at a time?

Kevin, that's a pretty simple one. I can actually help you out with that one.

1. Insert a DMX universe of 432 channels
  2. Group 1-80 and then delete the group. 
  3. Right click on Channel 81, name the element, "Matrix p" or something to that effect. The "p" I like to add just so it says "Matrix p1 - Matrix p117". Just a personal preference.
  4. Then, just convert 117 RGB channels.
  5. Delete Channel 432

That's all there is to it. 

The BGR order of your pixels, will be set with your controllers User Interface. All of the E1.31 and non-E1.31 controllers that I've used, have this option.

Kevin, that's a pretty simple one. I can actually help you out with that one.

1. Insert a DMX universe of 432 channels
  2. Group 1-80 and then delete the group. 
  3. Right click on Channel 81, name the element, "Matrix p" or something to that effect. The "p" I like to add just so it says "Matrix p1 - Matrix p117". Just a personal preference.
  4. Then, just convert 117 RGB channels.
  5. Delete Channel 432

That's all there is to it. 

The BGR order of your pixels, will be set with your controllers User Interface. All of the E1.31 and non-E1.31 controllers that I've used, have this option.

Thanks Ron...that did the trick.

• 2 weeks later...

Ron, I am curious after looking at some of the videos of your awesome display, what are the round light props around your front door?