Light-O-Rama Forums

Setting up a Sequence in PE and opening it in SE

Chris A

Is this possible? I can create a sequence in PE but when I try to open it in SE none of my effects are there. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. It may also be relate to an issue that occurs when I load a sequence into PE. I get several channel  conflict messages even though the channels referenced are not set up that way in the SE.

Thanks

The intensity files that PE creates are not visible in SE except what unit IDs or universes are involved.  They will play just fine however into your lights or Visualizer.

Thanks. I must be doing something wrong because I can't see anything at all when I open a pe sequence in se. It could be all the conflicts that appear. The conflicts list channels that don't even exist in my sequence, I'll keep plugging away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Bump.  I also am having this issue: I'm able to save and save the intensity file, but nothing then shows up in my Sequence Editor.  What am I doing wrong?

Note that you can sometimes get 2 scrollbars in SE. You need to scroll down on the scrollbar on the far right.

post-2660-0-27466300-1449175630_thumb.pn

Once you get to the absolute bottom, you should see this:

post-2660-0-21164900-1449175664_thumb.pn

Matt

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I'm having the same problem and at this point this blog hasn't worked for me, darn.

So I have opened a song from se in PE, loaded channel info, made prop, assigned same dmx

channel info, generated affects then put into timminng,saved intensity data then saved as

under default, (copy) then in SE I open it and , nothing, doing something wrong, help, thanks

In PE, the Save As function creates a **copy** of your sequence -- both the SE and PE parts. Most of the time, you should just use the File > Save function, which saves all of your PE effects for future editing. File > Save As is good for making a backup copy in case you mess up your sequence and need to go back.

So your workflow should be:

1) Do setup and sequencing in SE. 

2) Save your SE sequence (LMS or LAS file).

3) Close SE.

4) Open the LMS or LAS file in PE.

5) Create some effects.

6) File > Save (this file gets an LPE file extension)

7) More effects

8) File > Save

repeat 7 & 8

9) Done with PE sequence. File > Save Intensity Data (this gets a PE.LID extension)

10) Close PE

11) Open the sequence in SE **using the name you created in step 2**.

12) Now you should see a line for the PE data after the last track. A screen shot is in one of my posts above.

Matt

Thank you Matt, That did the trick. It put it on a second scroll bar.

I believe it's not a good idea to have your pixel sequence (PE) effects to over write previous

data in SE, with that playback in VI it seemed a little jerky in replay of sequence.

VI played back was perfect before I watched the new copy made from PE

I'm like the old dinosaur, I have just started using VI,

so I'm getting aquainted with that.

Thanks for your help

Edited by olracs