Light-O-Rama Forums
Jeff Messer

JEM01 - Channel Grouping

OS 7

LOR: 4.0.34

When grouping dmx channels by right clicking the menu will only and go away. I have tried saving, playing and still unable to group channels.

Jeff

Restarted computer and it worked the first time. I grouped the channels the screen went gray and nothing on it and nothing ever came back. I saved and reopened and the channels were grouped. I tried to right click and delete the group and again it did nothing but flash the menu. Shut down for tonight.

Confirmed here.  Also on Windows 7 and S4.00.34.  When right click on a channel, the menu only blinks and goes away..

Of course this is in the Sequence editor.  Tried both with and without the LOR Tray started with the same result.

Thanks Jim. Have you noted that it takes a long time to save or import a LCC file?

I had not tried, but just did.  First an export, and then an import of a different file.  I can't say that I have ever stopwatched it before, but I did not notice it taking anything overly longer - but it's been 8 or 9 months since I have done so under 3.12.  When I started the import, the whole sequencing grid part of the screen went gray, but it did the import and appeared to work correctly.

Thx Jim.

I noticed last night the blue line never moved to tell me it was working on a save and then the rest happened to gray out but when closed I reopened and they were grouped.

It a new morning so I will start the new channel config and maybe I don't have to go back to 3.12 but we will see.

After a full shut down on the computer it will allow you one chance to group and it does show the menu. Once you select anything the screen will gray out and when you try to close it will ask you to save the sequence. I just uninstalled and reloaded 3.12.2 for today as I build the new channel config.

Edit section below.

Installed 3.12.2 and did all the grouping and it works fine. Reinstalled 4.0.34 and open a sequence is very fast. Importing a new LCC file is very slow and saving is very slow. I am sure all the grouping issues and gray screen is still happening.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff Messer

I've got a similar problem. In my .lcc for a new prop I've got one RGB channel that seemingly jumped out of order. (I never noticed it before installing 4.0.34.) When I try to simply drag it up to where it's supposed to be the screen partially grays out and the program locks up. Even after re-booting the pc it happens every time.

Could someone with the grouping issue please send me (bob@lightorama.com) an email with a sample sequence, including the following information:

(1) Your forum username;

(2) This thread's URL, which is:

forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/36120-channel-grouping/

(3) Exactly where and how you do the grouping (i.e. what channels/RGB channels/whatever you list as the start and end of the new group, and whether or not you have "Leave copies in their existing locations" checked).

Thanks.

I believe that the issue with the popup menu going away, leaving you unable to do things like group channels, will be resolved in the next release.  Also, the menu will pop open faster than it used to.  I mean, faster than it did even before 4.0.34 slowed it down - for example, on a certain huge sequence, on my computer:

4.0.32: 7 seconds

4.0.34: 39 seconds

upcoming release: basically instant

I believe that various other speed-related issues that were inadvertantly caused by 4.0.34 will be resolved as well.  There may still be more out there somewhere, but at least several things that were slowed down by 4.0.34 will be speeded up again, including some that will be speeded up to speeds faster than they had been even before 4.0.34 slowed them down.

E-Mail sent with two screen captures and one sequence attached (I hope).

Email of .Lee file sent. Create new and import will be slow, make changes to sequence and save will be slow. Thanks fgor the help Bob.

Jeff