Light-O-Rama Forums
k6ccc

JRW04 - Visualizer DMX strings wont use existing props

Beta Version:  S4.00.18

OS version:  Windows XP SP3

Hardware:  Dell Optiplex GX745

Repeatability:  Every time

In Visualizer when using the DMX Pixel wizard.  One step of the wizard asks what prop to put the new string into.  There is no dropdown of existing  props so you can select one, so you have to type a name.  Even if you type the name of an existing prop, the wizard will create a new prop with the same name as the existing prop.  So for example, if creating a 16 string pixel tree where each string is a new fixture that is told to go into a prop named "Pixel tree", there will be 16 new props each named "Pixel Tree" each with a different DMX string 1 in it.  You can go back and rename the fixtures and move them into one prop by editing each fixture.  This was observed in S4.00.16 as well (the first S4 beta I tried with visualizer, so I don't know if it was there before that).

This error was verified with S4.00.16 on both my XP computer and my Windows 7 computer.  I have not loaded S4.00.18 into the Win7 PC yet.

Uh oh.  Sounds like a definite bug.  I'll have a look in the morning.  For now, please let it create new fixtures rather than assign to existing.

AH ha... Ok, I see the difference now between this one and JRW03.

Hmm....  This is probably an issue with how we create CCRs as well.  I will have to think about how it is best to fix this.

Found a good solution.  The DMX Pixel Draw Wizard and the CCR Draw Wizard will now ask you if you want to create a new prop or not.  For this you would select 'No', and then on the next screen go ahead and add the new pixels to an existing fixture.  Will be in next release.

Thanks Mike!

Rev 14497