Light-O-Rama Forums

Something's acting funny

LightsByGreg

Hi, I programmed my Intimidator 1.0 light recently. There are a couple points in my light show where it is supposed to stop and hit my light flurries ball. The first couple days I used the light it worked perfectly, hitting the ball and staying there every time. But now when it is supposed to hit the ball it goes there, but then it keeps moving around in a random pattern. It still starts and stops at the right times during the show. Anything I can try to fix this?
Thanks,
Greg

LightsByGreg wrote:

Hi, I programmed my Intimidator 1.0 light recently. There are a couple points in my light show where it is supposed to stop and hit my light flurries ball. The first couple days I used the light it worked perfectly, hitting the ball and staying there every time. But now when it is supposed to hit the ball it goes there, but then it keeps moving around in a random pattern. It still starts and stops at the right times during the show. Anything I can try to fix this?
Thanks,
Greg

Do you have a way to test the Intimidator other than via LOR. Does it do the same thing in the Hardware Utility?

The DMX light has been in a "housing" that is not enclosed completely but has a roof for the light. I do take the fixture inside every night that it is outside and put it out before the show starts. I have not put the fixture out in bad weather.

I brought all my DMX equipment to the the desk just now. I think the XLR cable is having a problem. I tried my other cable and everything is working perfectly. I even tried the problem cable on my other intimidator and it was also causing some jittering. My guess is maybe there is a little moisture in the one cable. So sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for all the help!

Greg

G'day Greg,

Just a thought, but do you have a DMX terminator on your last DMX device? That could possibly be causing some of the eratic behaviour.

Cheers,

davidt - Australia

• The topic was locked