Light-O-Rama Forums

New CTB16PCg3 and DMX

adamjonny

I recently purchased a CTB16PC G3 controller to use in a DMX universe to replace a LOR16XX I had no problems with the LOR16XX running on my DMX universe. I am using the USB485 as my dongle to connect the computer to the LOR controller. Now on to the problem. When I simply connect the CTB16PC directly to the USB485 I am getting no signal when trying to send DMX; however, if I run the hardware utility, S3 sees the controller no problem. I was not using a crossover cable with the older LOR16XX and thought that this might be the problem; however, after making a new crossover cable, it is still a no go. I am a little confused at the DMX support document as it states that the CTB16PC is compatible with DMX with firmware 4.20 and higher. When I look in the hardware utility it appears that the CTB16PC is running firmware 1.06. I am stumped and don't know where to go from here. I thought that it was going to be as simple as swapping out the two controllers. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

You need to go into the hardware utility and update the firmware on that controller