Light-O-Rama Forums

My First Programming of a CCR

Eaglesclaw

http://youtu.be/jpFixjK8ngI

This is my first attempt at programming a 12 channel CCR.  I was just playing with some of the different things you can do such fans, spirals, morphs etc...

Haven't done anything with the star yet as that won't take long.

I will be tweaking this one a lot as I go so FEEDBACK will be greatly appreciated! Good or bad!

Very nice for your first attempt!

Although this sequence doesn't need it, try the shockwave effect and keep in mind that use can negative numbers for the Center X,Y. This will start the shockwave effect off of the tree, so instead of the full circle effect of shockwave you may only see 1 side of the circle on the prop, overlay that with it coming from the opposite direction and it creates a nice pattern. If this doesn't make sense let me know I can show a little video of what I do.

Alan...

Here's what I talking about in my post above. This video is just snippets from songs I'm working on. Most are shockwave, some are fans. They were done using the method described above. I had some lag and the video has some issues that you don't see live. Mine were done on 12 string CCP tree. I guessing these effects would really look nice on a CCR tree.

Not trying to hijack your thread, your video is very nice and and great effort and a excellent result for your first attempt at Superstar. I saw some effects that you did that I might -ahem- look at for some of my sequences. ;) Just wanted to pass on ideas you and others might like.

Alan...

Thanks everyone!  And thank you Alan.  I like that.  As stated above I will be tweaking it more and will definitely look into half shockwaves.Use all you want. I got ideas just from watching others as well.  Anything that I did that I can help you with let me know.  The crawling morphs is becoming my favorite.  I will be tweaking those more.  I did the first one by accident just playing around and then took off from there.  Yours really looks cool.

Jerry

Edited by Eaglesclaw

I did the first one by accident just playing around and then took off from there. 

Yep, that happens alot, Probably some of the neatest effect I have done, happened because I pasted something in the wrong place and played to view it and realized I could do that. I found the shockwave effects by accident also, I typed the wrong number. :huh:

This will be my 1st year doing either 16 ccr tree or a 16 string smart pixel string tree. I did a ccr Matrix for two years. However I cannot post a video of the first minute & a half because YouTube is starting to block some of my videos again. "Not allowed in your country" messages I get.

Keep going Eagleclaw.  Keep having fun. Give your hand a try at animated Characters. Now is a good time to start practicing. Getting the characters to sing is really cool. Start with a singing face with a simple mouth open & close, or even add eye movement. 

Edited by lightzilla

Thanks lightzilla. I have started adding some characters in this video. I may look into some singing faces but I will be running the RGB singing Christmas tree quartet.  I have 2 already and will have the other 2 before Thanksgiving gets here. I ran 1 this past Christmas. Programming the singing face using papagayo made the work much easier to do.  I did "let it go" "Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron and a few others and they came out looking pretty sweet.  Looking forward to adding the entire quartet along with the CCR.

Jerry

This is where I am now after playing quite a bit more with it.  Made a few changes.

http://youtu.be/YfJcEEtzVj4

Jerry H

Yes sir you made changes. It looks even better now. Maybe leave it as is & move on to another song.

Too Cool! :) Can't wait to see other songs. Gotta agree with lightzilla above. At some point call it good and start another song. You have a good handle on Superstar. I I really like the patterns that start at the 20 second mark. Good Job all round !

Thanks! I appreciate all the good words.  I'll take your advice and move on to the next one.  Hopefully the next one will make everyone say WOW!!!!

• The topic was locked