Light-O-Rama Forums

Unknown Channels when adding a CCP Device

jstorms

When I added my CCP device it automatically added the channels, plus a few extras that I don't know what they are for. For each 50 pixel string it added a few extra channels on the end. Does anyone know what they are for?

They start where the RGB channels leave off. The last RGB channel (pixel #50) consumes channels 148, 149, and 150.

Then LR has 151, MM has 152 and so on.

16691976044_bb55bba122_o_d.png

When I added my CCP device it automatically added the channels, plus a few extras that I don't know what they are for. For each 50 pixel string it added a few extra channels on the end. Does anyone know what they are for?

They start where the RGB channels leave off. The last RGB channel (pixel #50) consumes channels 148, 149, and 150.

Then LR has 151, MM has 152 and so on.

Those are the Macro channels

didn't I read that s4 has an option not to include those macros?

Edited by saxon

didn't I read that s4 has an option not to include those macros?

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that was for superstar. Been sequencing in S3 and superstar still, Haven't fooled around with 4 yet

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that was for superstar. Been sequencing in S3 and superstar still, Haven't fooled around with 4 yet

In S4 Superstar, the macro channels are turned "OFF" by default (well not me, Brian actually ;) ) In S4 Superstar, in the Tools/Configuration options there is a way to turn them "ON" if needed.

In 3.12.2 and earlier the macro channels are always added to your exported Superstar Sequence and will cause issues for you if you copy and paste an exported Superstar Sequence into an existing Sequencer Editor file. You will have to remove the extra macro channels before you paste your Superstar stuff in.

Keep in mind if you have a prop that has 3 CCR's it will export 7 macro channels per CCR. So you will have to delete 21 channels. This got to be a pain if you wanted just to take a quick peek in Visualizer. Every time you export, you would have to delete these extra macro channels.

If you try this as a test, you will see that the pasted Superstar sequences will be pasted onto the macro channels as well, thus causing timing issue and goofy things to happen. If you remove the macro channels (delete them) then try it everything comes pastes and plays just fine.

Another improvement for S4 Superstar is that the Smooth Effects now gives you the ability to "clip" the effects. This mean you can define the area you want the Smooth Effects to work in. In S3 this wasn't an option and smooth effects would "bleed" over, say from a tree to a star, globe, pixel spinner, etc.. So if you only wanted the Smooth Effects to play on the tree and not the star, pixel spinner, globe, etc. you can define the area.

I downloaded S4 and installed it on another PC, then renamed my v3.12.2 version of Superstar from SSEdit.exe to SSEdit S3 version.exe, then copied the S4 version into LOR directory. The directory you would want to do this in is C:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama\. I am using 3.12.2 version of everything except Superstar, if you do this ONLY export in "Legacy" mode because the ver 3.12.2 (and earlier) will not know how to deal with the new file format that S4 offers.

My understanding was that the added macro channels was not an issue for people using DMX. If you are using LOR CCP's, CCB's or CCR's this could cause you issues.  There other threads about all this, this is a recap of where it is all at now. I've included all the links that these issues were talked about.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/35608-superstar-s4-vs-s3/

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/35330-whats-new-in-superstar-s4/

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/34868-option-to-skip-export-of-macro-channels/?hl=%2Bsuperstar+%2Bexporting

Hope this helps

Alan...

Edited by default

so just delete those extra cactus channels John!

• The topic was locked