Light-O-Rama Forums
mikejk67

How to Use Colorwash

I can do a Colorwash in nutcracker/xlights just fine. However, in PE I'm not sure what to do to get the same effect. Even a simple change from red to green over time. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Mike

There are 2 palette modes. In the Effect Generator, there is a "Mode" button located to the right of the effect selection drop-down.

• By default, this is set to Unicolor, which means the colors do not change during the course of the effect.
  • The other choice is Start/End Colors. In this mode, there are 2 colors for every palette entry. The first is the color used at the start of the effect, and the second is the one at the end of the effect. Choose this mode if you want your Color Wash (or any other effect) to change colors.

The cool thing is that Start/End Colors can be used on any effect. So you can have a spiral that changes colors over time, for example.

Matt

One other note about the palette: you can change the order of the palette entries simply by dragging them. Click within the palette rectangle, but not on the checkbox or on a color (just the gray area), and start dragging. Drop it on another palette entry to move it to its new position.

Matt

Thanks, Matt. Didn't even occur to me that the two reds in a "box" would be the key by changing one. Palm to forehead.