Light-O-Rama Forums
jstorms

Pixel Fixtures in Visualizer

Is it possible to have an RGB string fixture span universes? I've been playing with it on and off through the weekend and can't quite figure this one out. 

No.  We need to keep the Visualizer as generic as possible.  A pixel universe fixture represents just that - A pixel universe.

Ok.

So [*I start talking to myself now*] I have multiple universes that span my treeline. Universes can end/start in the middle of a tree the way I have it configured. So what I'm doing is having a separate Pixel Fixture for each universe / for each tree. I was hoping to save one and reuse, keep it modular. I started doing this last night. Tree 1 is all one universe and has one pixel element. Then Tree 2 has is split between universe 1 & 2 so I created 2 pixel fixures for that one and so on. I can make this work. Just not as clean and some extra time.

17103974108_b3df382079_o_d.png

Note: using 510 channels per universe or 170 RGB pixels.

Edited by jstorms

*Just thinking out loud* So converting the above table into Pixel Universe Fixtures I end up with 19 fixtures. This is keeping each tree independent along with not being able to split a universe between fixtures. Took a little while, but works.

17298040952_18129a2b88_o_d.png

I just started playing with the S4 Visualizer last night and I'm going to be in the same boat that you are.  Since the SanDevices E682 defines the output of each cluster as a single DMX block (which CAN span universes), the only way I can see to use all 16 outputs for in my case a 16 x 50 pixel tree is to define in the E682 85 pixels per string and use 8 universes for the tree, or split some physical strings between two fixtures in Visualizer as this:

String 4 starts at Universe 11 pixel 151 with the first 20 pixels as one fixture, then

String 4 continues at Universe 12 pixel 1 for the remaining 30 pixels in a separate fixture.

Is the latter what you did John?

Ive also run across this problem and not really sure on how to solve it. 

I have 9 steps.

Each step is a vertical matrix 15px x 8px (112px).

Therefore e.g

Step 1 - 1-112 (Univ 120)

Step 2 - 113 (Univ 120) - 55 (Univ 121)

Step 3 - 56-168 (Univ 121)

Step 4 - 169 (Univ 121) - 110 (Univ 122)

etc etc

How do I do this?

Edit:  Scrap the above, figured it out :)  Fiddly but doable :)  Loving new vis :) :) :) :)

Edited by ShellNZ