Light-O-Rama Forums
Dcroc

DMX Arches in Visualizer S4

I'm sure I'm just having a brain fart, but I can not figure out how to create a pixel strip arch with the correct number of pixels. I"m using 1 strip, 16.5' long for 2 arches, with two null pixels between them, with the first pixel starting with universe 1, channel 28, 3 leds to a pixel (channel 1 -27 are dumb strips on different controller).  When I use the wizard to set up the channels, I can't seem to end up with the right amount of pixels in the archs.  What am I missing?

Edited by Dcroc

You can't mix Pixel Universes with non-pixel universes in the Visualizer.  You'll need to create 9 pixels (27 channels, starting pixel 1) to represent the first 27 channels (those dumb strips).  Then create the arch with as many PIXELS as each one has (in your case 3 LEDs = 1 PIXEL), and set the starting pixel number to 10.  

Yup, did that.  Got that far.  I'm not having trouble creating the arch, I'm having trouble getting the strip devided in 2 and the right pixel count on each arch.  Seems I end up with half an arch that lights up, or one with way too many pixels/channels. I simply need 24 pixels (3 leds each pixel) on each arch. I would have thought that 2 pixels per 12 segments would do it, but doesn't seem to work out.  Why can I not simply choose 1 pixel per segment?  Why do I even have to break it into segments rather than just single pixels?.

Couldn't you just draw each arch seperate, 1 segment with the required number of pixels. Just set your starting pixel different for the second arch

Yup...that's it. Just one segment per arch. Was confused by "segments". Why would I want an arch in more than one segment? I can see that for light strings, but why pixels?