Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dgrant

Network Pref & Search for E1.31 Devices

Not sure if this is a bug or what. My system cannot find any devices with the new "Find/Configure LOR E1.31 Devices". The question comes as I have three E1.31 devices attached and recognized by the computer but this page can't see them. Is this a case where only E1.31 Devices sold by LOR?

Only LOR E1.31 devices, like the Pixcon16 which has not been released yet.

Yeah, took me a couple of times of trying it for my brain to register the "LOR E1.31 Devices" part.  I'm wondering if you will eventually get tired of the question, and put it in bold or red...lol.

Well, I had connected and running, a JoshuaSystems P12S, San Devices E682 and a HolidayCoro AphaPix16...all are E1.31 and in that exact mode yet the search couldn't find a single one of them. Now adding in that I'm going through a wireless bridge to the router on the remote end, could that be why they weren't found? Everything is bi-directional.

Well, I had connected and running, a JoshuaSystems P12S, San Devices E682 and a HolidayCoro AphaPix16...all are E1.31 and in that exact mode yet the search couldn't find a single one of them. Now adding in that I'm going through a wireless bridge to the router on the remote end, could that be why they weren't found? Everything is bi-directional.

Certainly going with a selection lol. Built my first E6804 from a kit yesterday got it working today, exciting times.

Too bad this couldn't work with any E1.31 device

We will probably NEVER support other manufacturers hardware configuration options.  We are a hardware manufacturer ourselves, so what would be gained from adding configuration support for someone else's product?  

Probably easier to think of it this way:  Should we demand all other manufacturers support configuration of LOR devices?

If you are a device manufacturer and want LOR to support configuration of your device, please contact us.  I'm sure we can create a configuration program for your board, and included it in our software.  It won't be free however, so be prepared to send money :)

Don't be confused however:  Just because you can only CONFIGURE LOR E1.31 devices in LOR programs does not mean you can not use those other mfgs boards.  You just need to use THEIR software to configure THEIR boards.  You use OUR software to configure OUR devices.

Only LOR E1.31 devices, like the Pixcon16 which has not been released yet.

None of those are LOR devices.

Ok, sounds fair plus after I entered the comment, I was contemplating all the requirements that LOR would face to be able to update "all" other manufacturers current and future...equals to a nightmare for LOR, so more than understood but Thank You for detailing.