Light-O-Rama Forums
JamesWright

"Computer Restart" Suggestion

This concerns the installation software for the entire suite. Starting with 4.0 the installation software, part-way through the install, provides an information box that says "The setup must update files or services that cannot be updated while the system is running. IF you choose to continue, a reboot will be required to complete the setup."

Most, if not all commercial software that I am aware of provides a window at the end of the installation that states that you need to reboot the system to complete the installation. It normally gives two options: Reboot now or Reboot later. This is a great reminder to the user that you need to reboot the system.

I would like to suggest that this type of action (option dialog box) be included in a future release of this software. This is a minor issue and is in no way a show stopper. However, this type of "hand holding" for the user might prove beneficial to many users, especially those who are not completely "tech savvy".

Good point.  I'll let Bob know since he is the installer guru.