Light-O-Rama Forums

WOW oh WOW oh WOW

LightORamaDan

Roger,

Start out saying..Why?

In your drawing your using 4 controllers to controll 2 arches. That is what it looks like, with the sequence controller, and the selection controller being used for all arches and the a sub controller for each arch. To me seems like your using 2 controllers for "control" that you could be using for arches. What happens if you would want all 16 arches to run at one time. Likely to overload your "sequence" controller.

Seems it would be a little easier on programming. But more costly to have 2 controllers that would not directly tied to lights.

Just my thoughts.

Chuck

Chuck,

What I posted were my first thoughts. I only showed 2 arches but my intent was to be able to control 16 arches with 2 controllers. I was thinking about the light load today as well and have the same concern of overloading the controllers. There should not be a problem with overleading the sequence generator controller but the arch selector controller could be.

Now if the raw power for the arches is supplied straight from 110 VAC and not from the controllers then the controllers would be simply used to CONTROL the arches (low power) and not POWER them (high power).

I also want to look into the different types of boards that LOR supports. Maybe a digital IO board could be used to control solid state relays (SSRs) instead of LOR controllers for the arches.

Some more thought is needed.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Roger

Someone on PC mentioned (after I was discussing something on this order) that if you follow the circuit paths, you'll find that there are some series circuits created of multiple circuits through backfeeding, so that lights will be lighting (at partial brightness) that you didn't intend.

I haven't studied this further to determine if that's true, but I suspect it is...

-Tim

Oh My! I am a newbee, and boy if I did not realize it before, I know it now for sure! Thank God that I live in nowhere Pennsylvania because no one has anything to compare my show to.

Thank you to all of you that don't even realize how much you contributed to my efforts to do something nice for those around me.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Scott

I just returned from Bristol to see these lights (I also saw the lights at Bristol Motor Speedway...BIG disappointment there). All I can say is WOW. This display is simply amazing. It makes anything I'll ever dream of doing look like poop. Oh well, I don't have bottomless pockets...but I do enjoy a great display. This was certainly worth the 240 mile round trip.

Kevin N wrote:

I just returned from Bristol to see these lights (I also saw the lights at Bristol Motor Speedway...BIG disappointment there). All I can say is WOW. This display is simply amazing. It makes anything I'll ever dream of doing look like poop. Oh well, I don't have bottomless pockets...but I do enjoy a great display. This was certainly worth the 240 mile round trip.

There are a number of things in the display that could be down-sized to more modest displays. I like the "shooting pole" effect and lots of the stuff that he has. The thing I like best is his sequencing. I believe that he is very talented. He did spend a lot of money but the owner of that display worked his butt off! I can tell you he put in a lot of all nighters doing the sequencing.

The thing I find really neat is that this guy went to PLUS2007, saw a demo of LOR II and then just did it! (first year LOR user!)

He was a LOR Beta User and helped us find some performance problems with the software. The display has over 1300 channels. His sequences have up to 7 tracks with a total number of channels close to 10,000. The Sequence Editor worked well and the new enhanced animation window even with 1300 channels worked well! We were very happy with the result.

Most important, it makes me confident that this software is solid and will be very successful with average and above average residential users. At the same time it is heavyduty enough for large commercial users.

• 10 months later...

I thought I would bump this to let new people see the videos.

I talked to one of their employees and this year they are increasing the size of the Bristol, Tn display and adding one at the Knoxville Tn location.

http://www.shadrack.com/christmas/ they have 5 or 6 videos