Light-O-Rama Forums
anthonyrusso3

Visualizer Error

Does anyone know what this means.

There are one or more errors with your simulation that prevent it from running.  Please correct these errors and try again.
Child Pixel fixture Top Roof Wreath 1 - DMX Pixels 1 does not have a main Pixel Fixture (a Pixel Universe Fixture with physical pixel 1).  A Pixel Universe Fixture when assembled requires a fixture with pixel #1

Sounds like a channel assignment error. Check those and see if it works

Ok it seems like every time I try to add something in I get a new error now i have this one. When I had 2 Arches everything is fine When i add the 3rd it works but only lights up the 1st 10 pixels  when I try to add the 4th it doesnt even show me the arch but gives me this error when i want to preview. It seems almost like it doesn't want to go from one univeres to the other, any ideas on this one ?

There are one or more errors with your simulation that prevent it from running.  Please correct these errors and try again.
The DMX Pixel Universe on Universe 6, when assembled has more than 170 pixels (240).  The following fixtures should be checked:
--Arch 1 - DMX Pixels 1
--Arch 2 - DMX Pixels 1
--Arch 3 - DMX Pixels 1

Child Pixel fixture Arch 4 - DMX Pixels 1 does not have a main Pixel Fixture (a Pixel Universe Fixture with physical pixel 1).  A Pixel Universe Fixture when assembled requires a fixture with pixel #1

First, how many pixels are on your arches?

****Assuming 50 pixels****, the easiest way to accomplish this is to:

Arch 1 - DMX Pixels    (Universe 6).......Pixel # 1.................(Channels 1-150)

Arch 2 - DMX Pixels    (Universe 6).......Pixel # 51...............(Channels 151-300)

Arch 3 - DMX Pixels    (Universe 6).......Pixel # 101.............(Channels 301-450)

Arch 4 - DMX Pixels    (Universe 7).......Pixel # 1.................(Channels 1-150)

The difficult way, is to create the arch that spans the universe 6 and 7. Copy and paste it, on the first one, delete the last 30 pixels. On the copy, delete the first 20. Now create an arch prop with the 2 sections and name them Arch # 4a and # 4b. When you run the Channel wizard , they will look like this:

Arch 1 - DMX Pixels    (Universe 6).......Pixel # 1.................(Channels 1-150)

Arch 2 - DMX Pixels    (Universe 6).......Pixel # 51...............(Channels 151-300)

Arch 3 - DMX Pixels    (Universe 6).......Pixel # 101.............(Channels 301-450)

Arch 4a - DMX Pixels  (Universe 6).......Pixel # 151.............(Channels 451-510)

Arch 4b - DMX Pixels  (Universe 7).......Pixel # 1.................(Channels 1-90)

Unfortunately, this is the way it has to be, unless there is an update that will let a string span Universes automatically or there's something that I haven't found in the software yet.

Edited by Ron Boyd

Thanks Ron,  I made my arches with 80 Pixels. And Sorry I didn't really think this was a Beta Question just figured it was me !!!!!!