Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D PC Connection Issues

asl9622

I could use some help on connecting my controller to the PC. Last year I used a standard mini light setup with the 16 channel controller. Now I have built the dumb rgb but for the life of me I cannot get the hardware utility to find it. I am running windows 7 and see that com port 4 is being used in device manager. Auto configure in hardware utility cannot find anything so I tried manually setting to 4. I then hit refresh but no devices are found. The id is set to 01 on the board itself and the led is blinking waiting for a connection. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Have you tried to hook up your other controller to see if it can be recognized?

• Like 1

Have you tried to hook up your other controller to see if it can be recognized?

I just hooked up the old controller and no success there either. I am not using the same PC I used for last year's show. I am trying on my laptop. I lost the utility disk for the adapter and wonder if that is what is causing the issues.

Edit: I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling from the recommended website with no success.

Edited by asl9622

Did you install the driver from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm ?

Yes. I uninstalled the driver and unplugged the device. I then installed the driver and plugged the device back in. I will just have to try to connect to my PC that worked and see if I can get the devices to communicate. I just do not know what else to do because the computer seems to recognize under port 4.

There is a trouble shooting guide for the adapters here.

Went through the guide with no success. I tried it on another laptop with no success either. I must be doing something wrong.

Do you know how to look at the device manager? That will tell you what port was assigned.

Do you know how to look at the device manager? That will tell you what port was assigned.

Yes I do. I know it has been assigned to port 4. It seems that after I install the drivers from the website, windows wants to update via internet. I wonder if that is where I am having issues.

This happened to me last year with CMB24 , try setting the Dip switches on the Card to the unit ID you want

• Like 1

Did you install the LOR USB Adapter Driver on the new PC?

Yes. I tried it on the new PC because it had never had any LOR software. So as a test I installed the software and the drivers but had the same issues. I can not get my old controller or new controller found by the hardware utility. Tomorrow I will just have to try on the original PC and see if that still connects to the original controller.

Bad Ethernet cable from adapter to Controller? Did you try another USB port?

Tried everything lol. Three ethernet cables, different usb ports, different jacks on the controller. I will try a new cable from adapter to usb port now.

After connecting to the pc that worked last year, I am thinking the adapter somehow broke. I am ordering a new one and hoping for the best.

Edited by asl9622

The new adapter came in and now there are no COM port issues! Now the only problem is that when I hit refresh it pulls up multiple units that say unknown. I have the unit ID set to 01 or the 9 switch in the on position on the board itself. Any way to fix the unknown issue and have the controller control the lights in the test? Thanks.