Light-O-Rama Forums
Ron Boyd

Migration omits Non-RGB and Non-Pixel RGB Props from Playback

Since I'm not sure if this is a bug, I am not creating a report yet.

I followed the instructions in this post by Matt:

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/35727-migration-tool/?p=328928

I followed all instructions in this. Once I saved everything and went to play it in the visualizer, my dumb RGB props, which consist of 8 mini trees and 16 stars, did not play in the visualizer. The 6 channel, non RGB star also did not play. These props were not in the list to migrate but did show up in the PE Props section. The effects were also left in the saved sequence. All other effects and channel assignments played as expected and then deleted from the saved sequence

Any ideas why these did not transfer over.

This is a sequence that was created in 3.12.12 and later transferred to 4.0.12.

I just looked at the PE, when the sequence was migrated, it shows these props, but no effects are in the grid. As mentioned above, they were not in the list to migrate. They are also, not in the list to remove from the Sequence Editor.

Wow! I just re-opened this sequence and it was immediate. I sure hope I can figure out how to get all info in. The file size went from 66,149 KB down to 591 KB. The LID file, whatever that is, was 29,279 KB. BAK file was only 2,764 KB

Edited by Ron Boyd

Do you intend to sequence the dumb rgb props with PE or SE?

They're already sequenced. They were done in Superstar. This is a sequence that was done before the S4 software was released. I just want to migrate all props and effects to a sequence file that's a fraction of the size of the original. Anything that I do from here on out will be sequenced in Superstar and saved directly to the sequence file for the show as an intensity file. I am trying to migrate the sequences I already have..

This is my workflow as well. I too do not see any of my dumb or LOR AC channels work in PE even though the elements are there.

I create is ss. Export to se. Migrate into PE. Then save. Phew. Lots of steps.

But my goal is to do most sequencing in ss. Then add effects as needed in PE.

With ss it is my entire yard. So coming into se will be everything from dc, rgb, AC,ccr, pixel, dumb. Since I plan to use PE, I export ss as legacy. Then migrate into PE. Coming into PE will be everything as well.

But this is where my workflow is stalling. Dumb not working....and these are rgb floods that I am testing. So how does one only partial migrate....and can one modify se imported sequence to include PE effects for say a bush that has 100 pixels?

I am trying to follow your workflow post you gave me earlier today here. http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/35727-migration-tool/

But I am stalled double checking my models setup since I tend to incorrectly name my universes.

Edited by sax

Has this been looked at? Do I need to create an official bug report?