Light-O-Rama Forums

Fill Tool Activating While Using Color Fade

mpageler

I have been playing around, changing  colors on existing  rgb elements, using the color fade tool.

From "tools", i select "
foreground". then "color fade".  Afte choosing a color, I can click and drag, to select a range of elements to change color on and it works.  

But as I do several more groups of  elements, the "fill" tool gets activated somehow.  So if I then click somehwere between elements, I get "fills" inserted which I obviosuly don't want and have to undo.

Getting fustrated in not being able to figure out whats going or or what I'm doing to cause this...any thoughts. I go back to "tools" and don't see that "fill" is activated.

The color fade tool creates a fade between two points. If you have that active while moving around the sequence it might well act as you describe depending on where you click. I'd turn it off until you've selected the range you want to fill with the color morph.

I'd also turn off the foreground tool. Having either the foreground or background tool active for ordinary sequencing will often return undesirable results.

I'm activating "foreground" so I can click/drag throught several element on multiple rows. This  works well initially until "fill" decides to start working on it's own.

Without "foreground" wouldn't I have to change each element's color individually?

I have a lot of sequence that were created from pasted in channels (non-rgb) from shared sequences. which are currently all red.

I want to effeciently change colors on multiple rows for 5,10, 15 secord segments at a time.

So what I'm trying is only working partially, is there a better way to do it?

The Color Fade tool is one of the so-called "smart tools", which are intended to give you a little more power at your quick disposal, but they can be a bit confusing until you realize what they actually do.

Let's say you've got the Color Fade tool set up to go from red (on the left) to green (on the right).  Then:

• Clicking and dragging from left to right will make a fade from red to green.
  • Clicking and dragging from right to left will make a fade from green to red.
  • Clicking without dragging on an "empty" spot (i.e.the RGB channel is black where you clicked) will do a fill from the preceding color to the following color.
  • Clicking without dragging on a "nonempty" spot will do nothing.