Light-O-Rama Forums

not sure how to fix.

rednosetbird

The sequence editor opens and I get a error message. cannot  change folder cannot find file or folder:C:USERS\BILL\DESKTOP\LIGHT O RAMA 2015\SEQUENCES

This is the clue. It either can't find the file or the folder. C:USERS\BILL\DESKTOP\LIGHT O RAMA 2015\SEQUENCES

Yes Bill is the computer name and the sequences are under light o rama 2015.

I might be mistaken but it seems you have 2 different directory paths you are referring to, shouldn't they be in C:USERS\BILL\DESKTOP\LIGHT O RAMA 2015\SEQUENCES (note the \SEQUENCES left off) from what I am understanding of the quote above, your sequences are in C:USERS\BILL\DESKTOP\LIGHT O RAMA 2015\ (note the missing \SEQUENCES directory)

As far as them being in the Recent Sequences, they would be there if they were opened, then saved again. It should list them in the Recent Sequences tab. In the Recent Sequences tab it also gives directory info about exactly where LOR Sequence Editor knows these file and directory names are.

ss2.jpg

Do you have any of your files in the Recent Sequences tab? If so, look very carefully at the Directory path spelling and also the spelling of the filename.

Let us know how it turns out.

Alan...

On the lighter side don't be this guy.

http://gazette.com/man-kills-computer-in-colorado-springs-alley-gets-revenge-he-wanted-and-a-citation/article/1550042

OK here we go again. I did make a mistake I am fighting a cold. I should of said existing sequences. I tried to click on the blue light bulb and the error message comes up.

I tried to click on the blue light bulb and the error message comes up.

If i am not mistaken the default directory that Sequence Editor is C:\Documents and Settings\your pc name\My Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences.

Did you rename yours to C:USERS\BILL\DESKTOP\LIGHT O RAMA 2015\SEQUENCES. That would explain why it errors when you click the blue light bulb. It's seems like it's trying to find a Folder that doesn't exist anymore, possibly because you renamed it ? So the question now is do you have a folder called C:\Documents and Settings\BILL\My Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences?

Yours says DESKTOP, which is probably ok, however if you don't have the default directory C:\Documents and Settings\BILL\My Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences then Sequence Editor is telling you it can't find it, thus the error.

If you don't have one (possibly because you renamed it) then we can go from there.

Don't get frustrated, it's just not easy to give help by not being able to see your screen. To that point here is a link on how to take a screenshot http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/32359-please-dont-take-a-picture-how-to-take-a-screen-capture/ this would help help a lot. If you can't post the picture in the forums, email me the picture as an attachment.

Alan...

Edited by default

For what it's worth I had the same problem. And It was as default said. I had changed the name of my LOR folder,forgot about it. Then one day went to start sequencing again. And boom. Got your message. Once I changed it back. I found them instantly everything was right where it should be. . So try what he says. That's prob the ticket. Good luck.

Alan,  just got all my sequences back where they should be. I think what happened was I made a new folder "light o rama 2015"  and I deleted my folder where the sequence editor was looking. So what I did again was done what Ron said to do. But had it search for the missing folder. When back into the sequence editor, and there must be a default folder with samples. It had chases and something else. So I went under start, search, typed in sequences. clicked on folder and the default sequences where there. So... I opened up the 2015 folder and copied all of the sequences and pasted into the other. Then I opened up the sequence editor and it all worked! 

Thanks for all of the help!    Bill 

Good ! Glad to hear it.

As you have figured out by now, you can have your sequences in other directories, just make those directories are in C:\Documents and Settings\your pc name\My Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences

ie. C:\Documents and Settings\Bill\My Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\2015\SEQUENCES

I use a program called xplorer2 (xlite2) I have included some screenshots below. Windows (at least up to XP) has been very poor in helping the user navigate their drives/file directories. xlite2 helps with that, it provides you with 3 panes so you can see and navigate to all drives and directories easily. The second picture shows that it has a bookmark feature to get you to a particular directory quickly. You can copy, move, view thumbnails, create folders, compare directories, etc...

No I don't have ties to this company, :P but the best part is that it is free ( to home users) and NO nag screens. Just a suggestion.

Here's the link http://zabkat.com/x2lite.htm (just be sure to d/l to "free lite" version)

xlite2.jpg

xlite1.jpg

Edited by default