Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dougd

Pixel Editor "Enhancement"

Trying to still figure out what all these new goodies can do for me. Figured I would ask for something while it is still in beta.

I am trying to figure out how to use the pixel editor with my workflow. I will still be doing most of my sequencing in the sequence editor. Here is what I was hoping for when you can bring a LMS file into the pixel editor. 

When sequencing in the sequence editor what I was hoping to be able to do is lets say I am doing my pixel tree parts. I was just wanting to turn them "ON" when I want them to be used during a song. Then I would load the file into the pixel editor and just see where I had the pixel tree "ON". Then I quickly and easily select those parts of the song, add my effects and I would be set to go.

Right now when you load the sequence, you can not tell where you have sequenced and where you havent. I know it can bring in timings but most of mine are .05 seconds.

Long story short. Is there a way when you load a sequence into the pixel editor in the grid it just shows regions that have data in them?

Thanks

Doug

Doug, Have you tried playing back an imported SE sequence in the pixel editor on actual pixels. It is not rendering shimmers or ramps at all for me. Imported using the migration tool.

Pondering a bug report after a bit more fooling around.

Phil

No, havent tried any actual output yet, That might be important :)

I will try that when I get the chance. Beta is still only installed on office machine, not show machine where I do testing.

I think this thread may be relevant,

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/35701-exported-pe-intensity-file-missing-effects-data-in-se-visualizer/

If I am reading correctly, you cannot have data in the PE file and left in the SE file at the same time. I think this may not be good!

However when I just tried removing the shimmering prop from the SE file in the PE, it did not work. The SE Data was still there in the LMS file.

The shimmer was therefore still messed up.

You can also tell its not shimmering right in the Preview window too.

I too am having a hard time getting my head around the workflows even if these issues are resolved.

Well best scenerio for me was to just turn the RGB props "ON" in the sequence editor and then see the parts of the sequence where I turned them ON to add the pixel editor events. I previously did not use nutcracker for basically the same reason. I couldnt figure out where to add the effects.

Just in case you didn't know- you can select effects on a traditional channel in the Pixel Editor and then copy/paste them onto a pixel-based prop. This will put a simple color wash effect on the pixel prop, but it is a great way to get started.