Light-O-Rama Forums

Displaying waveform for MP3's never works for me

chuckd

No matter what format the MP3 is in, I can never successfully display the waveform. Most of the time, it simply displays that 'converting' window for about 1/10 second then nothing. Other times, it pops up the 'converting' window and stays there forever.

With WAV's, it works fine every time.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Not only is the waveform display an issue, but you can't be assured of correct timing, because you don't know what method was used to encode the MP3. If they used VBR encoding, the timing will be unreliable.

As MountainWXman said, use .WAV files and all your troubles will be solved.

DavBro

From a software product perspective, it seems as if LOR should just drop all support for anything but WAV files, since Sequence Editor support does not seem complete for this feature. There's nothing worse than software features that simply don't work.

By the way, my MP3's are not VBR encoded. Everything is on time, and I've never had a timing problem, but the waveform never displays. This obviously would be a great help when sequencing music.

chuckd wrote:

From a software product perspective, it seems as if LOR should just drop all support for anything but WAV files, since Sequence Editor support does not seem complete for this feature. There's nothing worse than software features that simply don't work.

By the way, my MP3's are not VBR encoded. Everything is on time, and I've never had a timing problem, but the waveform never displays. This obviously would be a great help when sequencing music.

Hi,

Could you email one of the MP3 files to support@lightorama.com and in the text of the message mention that you cannot get the waveform to display for MP3 files but it does display for WAV. Also include the version of LOR software that you are using.