Light-O-Rama Forums

Feedback on changes in 4.0.10

MattBrown

What do think of the changes in the 4.0.10 beta version? What changes you ask? Well...

• The toolbar above the sequence grid was revamped. The toolbar now has ***4*** new playback buttons (play all, play to here, play from here, and play visible) - making playback a quick, one-click operation. Also, the Preview button was removed (see the next bullet for why).
  • There is a new item on the main menu under Tools > Preview Playback that controls what happens when your preview is to be played. The choices are:
    • No preview on playback - you will hear the music from your media file (if it is an LMS sequence), and the timing mark will move across the sequence during playback; but there will be no preview generated.
    • Display preview on main window - during playback, the preview will be displayed on the left side of the main window - same as before.
    • Display preview in separate window - this is similar to what the old preview button did, but now you can work on your sequence while the preview window is open. You will also see the timing mark move across the sequence grid in this mode - something that didn't happen before. The play, play visible, and stop buttons on the old preview window have been removed, as all playback is now controlled from toolbar above the sequence grid. An excellent option for those with multiple monitors!
  • Some users had complained about the "scratchy" sounding playback on the main window. The Pixel Editor was playing compressed audio in this situation, but no more! Now all playback, regardless of the situation, should happen with full fidelity.

Please give 4.0.10 a try and let us know what you think!

Matt

I hope to play with the PE this weekend cause I have got to get them out of the sequence editor. Just installed i7 and did not change the amount of time it takes to open 54k worth of channels. Starting to get that depressed feeling.

Edited by Jeff Messer

I hope to play with the PE this weekend cause I have got to get them out of the sequence editor. Just installed i7 and did not change the amount of time it takes to open 54k worth of channels. Starting to get that depressed feeling.

The good news is that moving the channels is now pretty painless. Creating the preview in PE will be the most time-consuming part and making sure the channels are correct. But once that is done, for each sequence select Sequence > Migration Tools > Import from Sequence Editor from the PE menu. Verify that everything imported correctly, then go to Sequence > Migration Tools > Remove prop channel data from Sequence Editor. This should leave your LMS files much smaller!

Matt

WOW That's going to be sweet. Will it ever come a time that we can just import the viz file into the PE or even at a prop level?

I changed my hard drive to an SSD and it speeds all my old LOR S3 stuff up considerably.

I have 1/10 of your channel count, but it something to consider.

WOW That's going to be sweet. Will it ever come a time that we can just import the viz file into the PE or even at a prop level?

Don't know for sure, but it is being investigated.

hello matt im new too 4.10 but can u guys put in a( DOOR )PROP...I see a window prop ty.....

In the Window Frame prop there are entries for number of pixels on top, on the sides, and on the bottom. For a door, just specify that the number of pixels on the bottom is 0.