Light-O-Rama Forums
PhilMassey

PM 02 LORTray throws error on auto start after reboot.

When LORTray starts automatically after a reboot the following error is displayed requiring a press of OK to continue.

" Error in Form_Unload:(91) Object variable or With Block variable not set"

Seems to work normaly otherwise.

Only happens on Reboot. Unloading LORTray and restarting does not cause the error.

Edit. Also did it in 4.08

Beta 4.10

LorTray

Windows 7 pro 64.

Repeatable.

Edited by PhilMassey

ItsMeBobO, is this part of PhilMassey's description accurate for you too: "Seems to work normaly otherwise.  Only happens on Reboot. Unloading LORTray and restarting does not cause the error."

Will try to repeat after work 7pm. This error happened like this. Lor install gave message i had to reboot. It doesnt always do that. During reboot windows said it was installing updates both before shut down and after

Win8.1.

Hmm... I've thus far been unable to get this to happen.

Could you both please run the LOR Diagnostic tool and send me (bob@lightorama.com) the output? In the email, please clearly reference this thread's URL, which is:

forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/35674-pm-02-lortray-throws-error-on-auto-start-after-reboot/

Thanks.

OK, I think this will be fixed in the next release.  I say "I think" because I still haven't been able to make it happen in the exact situation that you guys describe, but I have been able to make it happen, and looking at the code leads me to believe that the symptom will be fixed regardless of the underlying situation that caused it to happen.

Thanks again.

I'll check again after the next release and report back.

Thanks Bob

Bob    I figured out how to reproduce the error.     Rebooted and reinstalled multiple times and found this is a user error.   Sorry my bad. 

Any time the tray is active, if you try to run it again by clicking control panel icon on desktop you get the error.       On my reboot it was taking a long time to load the start up programs. I think I may have clicked the desktop icon when I did not see the tray icon.   

Edited by ItsMeBobO

That:s what I thought too at first, BobO, but I can replicate the error every time "hands off"

I got the same error UNTIL I remembered that I map a directory (in my Drop Box folder)  to a drive (S: for show), and in that same batch file I load the LOR Control Panel app (so it would not ask me for setup because the drive did not exist)  AND I noticed that the 4x LOR software automatically configures itself for auto load.  So it's getting loaded twice.    Turning off the Control Panel' s "Launch at Startup" option removed the error for me :)