BY01 Preview Design, Parameter name

BY01
Pixel Editor
windows 8.1
i5@1.7ghz
8gb ram
64 bit operating system
version 4.0.8 pro

When trying to resize a RGB string ( to fit my layout) I receive the attached error in a box with a red cross threw it.
I repeated the error by deleting the prop, closing the program, reopen pixel editor, make a new prop with the settings as follows

String dumb RGB(3channel) shape is line -horizontal, actual # of strings 1, preview # of RGB Nodes per string 50.

To get this error I selected the prop(moved string in preview design)>reset>position and received the following attached error

mod - Edit to change the ID from BB to BY.  We already have a BB.

post-10336-0-46539400-1428799826_thumb.p

What I found when investigating this issue was that the prop would immediately collapse to a single point if I tried to move one of the end points. This happens when the predefined shape is set to "Line-Horizontal", "Line-Vertical", or "Firestick", and the string type is "Dumb RGB" or "Traditional". However, I could not get it to generate the popup error message you are seeing. The collapsing behavior will be fixed in the next beta.

Since I can't exactly reproduce your error, I'm concerned whether I have fixed the issue you are seeing. So let me ask a few questions...

1) when you say "moved string in preview design" do you mean you dragged the entire prop, or you moved one of the end points?

2) you don't see the red X until you select "Reset Position" from the menu?

3) could you please click the details button on the error box and post the results to this thread?

Thanks for testing!

Matt

1) when you say "moved string in preview design" do you mean you dragged the entire prop, or you moved one of the end points?
No, in the format menu.
Although when playing with the edge of the prop tonight,(pulling right side down slowly)The prop would spin clockwise and become smaller) Repeated this a few times and then came back to do it again later and was unable to repeat. It would only reduce to a single pixel.
2) you don't see the red X until you select "Reset Position" from the menu?
yes
3) could you please click the details button on the error box and post the results to this thread?
Unable to repeat this original error after a reboot. And the menu options are now operating correctly.

It would appear that a fix in resizing single string will fix this error.
Can I suggest a option for flood in the drop down menu for new prop shape?

Thanks for the pixel editor!

Edited by bbayjohn

For RGB floods, you can create a prop with a string type of "Dumb RGB" and a shape of horizontal matrix. Set number of strings and pixels as needed to make it look ok on your preview. You can also adjust bulb size. This isn't perfect, but should get you started. Someday there might be a flood prop :)

Matt