Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ItsMeBobO

BL01 unable to find audio in subfolder under audio folder

I am late making my first PE attempt and hit a snag on audio.     My search found nothing said about this.

SE can find the audio but PE says it cant.   My audio is in subfolders under the AudioPath.   Just like I keep my sequences under folders  \2015,    I also keep my related audio in a \2015 folder.    

The .lms stores this using relative addressing from the audio folder      musicFilename="2015\TobyMacChristmasThisYear.mp3" 

SE also allows selection of an audio file any where in the file structure.     In this case .lms stores the entire name using absolute address.

musicFilename="C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Light-O-Rama\TobyMacChristmasThisYear.mp3"       Both SE and PE and find and use this.      

I had a message about this in the general beta section.

The PE requires the audio to be in the exact same folder as the sequence.

I too have my folders divided up to keep things straight. But right now, you must have the 2 in the same folder.

I would like PE to follow suit with ss and se...let me say where the audio file is so I can keep my folders clean and tidy.

Here is my original complaint:

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/35567-pixel-editor-audio-file-location/

Edited by sax

The audio does not have to be in the same folder as the sequence.   Please try it.    The audio can be anywhere except a folder under the default LOR AudioPath folder.

The audio folder is part of the install process and can be seen in the registry with this key.    

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Light-O-Rama\Shared\AudioPath    

mine is  C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Audio\    and PE finds it in this location.    It does not find it when there is a folder under this location. 

Ok. I will try.

But, I still would rather it be like se and ss. Configurable per sequence. If the file is not found I am given a chance to point to it. For me, it will be different every year. So the point to is preferred.

The audio can be anywhere except a folder under the default LOR AudioPath folder.

You are correct, this is what happens in the beta versions through 4.0.8. This will be fixed in the next beta release - so that it behaves like the Sequence Editor. Thanks for your feedback!

Matt