Light-O-Rama Forums

problem with computer crashing when running video

Tony Hefner

I tried adding video to sequences last year and even sequence's seemed to work ok when putting them into a show. after the first sequence ended and the next would start it would crash. Im using lor 3.12   144 channels and 6 ccps pixels. computer is a gateway with amd dual core processor 4 gb ddr3 memory. the projector is infocus  hooked with the vga outlet on the computer. Light o rama support says there is lot enough power on the computer. anyone have a idea what I need to get it work or how much computer I need.

LOR could mean two things.

They could mean your power supply is not powerful enough to power the PC, or that the computer itself is not powerful enough to run the video. You haven't given enough information to find the problem, but the RAM and CPU look like enough.

Try downsizing the video to the exact resolution of the screen, so the PC doesn't have to rescale the video.

Had a problem with video on my system some time back, had to go into the display settings and make some changes there to get video to work.  

But as Bob also stated, make sure your video drivers are up to date, and that your hardware can accept acceleration, if you have that turned on and your current driver doesn't accept it, or your video card doesn't fully support it, you'll have issues with video as well.

If using the onboard video, you may want to look at buying a good graphics card that supports video acceleration and has it's own memory on-board, this will help tremendously.  Some onboard cards use the computers memory and other aspects to operate, which can slow things down quite a bit, even causing video to not play correctly.

Using Video for years with my Accer and never had this issue...PM for more info if your still having an issue

Eddie Z

• 2 weeks later...

well tried downloading a newer driver and lol it crashed the computer big time. It seems mcaffe virus projection wasnt working and virus hit big time. So I reformatted it and now working on reloading evrything and see if it helps. Thanks everyone for helping . I'm still taking to wife see if she will let me get a new computer. also i have a old dell. looking in to a dual monitor card see if it work do better just have to see what try card to get .