Light-O-Rama Forums
sax

CS04-Pixel Editor use of CMB 24 DC card as an RGB controller on LOR network

Report Number: CS04

Module: Pixel Editor

Software Version: 4.0.4

OS Version: Windows platform 7 Pro

Description:
I am creating props in the Pixel Editor.  I am creating dumb RGB props that utilize the LOR CMB-24 DC card.  However, when I program the Pixel Editor for a LOR network, it only allows me to select 1 channel in use with 2 channels shown as Carry Over.  Obviously RGB needs 3 channels.  I can not select the end circuit, which would easily correct this problem.

EDIT:  This only occurs when the channels needed are above 16.  So Channels 1-13 work as it shoud, but channels 14-21 will cause the carry over error.  Basically, on a LOR network the pixel editor is only allowing up to 16 channels to be used.

Edited by sax

I saw that in 4.0.0 and figured it out, but I don't remember the answer. If no one else chimes in, I'll answer that when I'm in front of the PC rather than on my phone...

I assume you are talking about the 6th RGB trio on the 24 channel card, so the first channel is channel 16 with 2 shown as carryover.. Gets even better if you specify channels greater than 16 as the first channel...

I have not found a work around to that.  Create a bug report for that - or I will if you prefer...

That's what this is...a bug report.

That's what I get for reading it on my phone....  Sorry

This will be fixed in the next beta release (probably 10 Apr). In the new version, the number box next to the DMX radio button will apply to both DMX and LOR networks. It will be labelled "Max Circuit" for LOR networks, "Max Channel" for DMX networks. When you click the radio button for "Dumb RGB" string type, Max Circuit will change to 24. You can change it to another value if needed at that point.

Cool. Will be testing ASAP.

Thanks Matt.

Verified to work proper.  I am able to assign channels as needed.

Thanks for the fix.